"I haven't felt like this in years"

Is this whole "I havent felt like this in years" or similar statements some kind of new line for guys? Or am I just too cynical? Should I be worried if guy says something like that? Because I dont consider myself being that special.. And it feels like stupid thing to say imho. Have the guy been in emotional cave and now crawled out or what?

• Like 1

If a man tells me this after 1 week dating I would consider it a line.

If he tells me after 1 month I'd take him a little more seriously.

• Like 2

Some of us are just jaded though.

Between online dating, hook up culture and all of the other other stuff we see and do. If you stand out, it's not hard to believe a woman is different from the many who've passed through the pipeline.

Special is rare these days.

• Like 1

I've met a couple guys prone to saying nice things like that that make you feel like you're special, but then in the end, it was really just them being giddy about sex.

• Like 1
  • Author
You don't think you're lovable?

Yes and no. My main concern is that what does it mean. What they been doing all this time then. And if Im just training wheels now.

• Like 1

Only take it for meaning anything other than they're happy about getting sex if they back it up with commitment and good dating and treating you with respect. Women are in love with love, and men are in love with sex. That isn't the truth absolute, but that is the default you should assume first and then wait for proof.

If it's said early on, they are infatuated with who they hope you'll be, which is the ideal woman in their head. That's who they're in love with. It means something when it happens well into the relationship, like months, and there's been nothing to contradict the sincerity.

Yes and no. My main concern is that what does it mean. What they been doing all this time then. And if Im just training wheels now.

Well perhaps they haven't been dating for whatever reason. Or they have been dating but not been fortunate to meet someone they really feel for. And sometimes a line is just a line.

Whenever a man has said this to me ..... even my ex said it when we first started dating....... I don't take it *literally* ..... I take it to mean he is attracted, infatuated and excited to be dating me.

Nothing more, nothing less...