Just spent $6000 on Channel earrings, what's wrong with me?

There is a lady I really want to fu*k real bad and I just spent $6000 on a pair of Channel earrings for her. What's wrong with me? I always saw myself as thrifty and a starving artist but that is no longer the case, I'm not starving anymore. I have always been conservative when it comes to money(with the exception of doing things to help children). I haven't given her the earrings yet and am second guessing my decision. I am invited to her new home tonight, if money isn't as important as it used to be what would be the right thing to do? I really want her to feel special, fu*k the money.

• Like 2
RecentChange

There are easier ways to get laid than $6,000 ear rings!!!! Gah!

What is your relationship with this woman? You know a gift doesn't obligate her to put out - just like a dinner doesn't.

Honestly, I would think a guy was trying to "buy my affection" with such a gift.

If she was smart, she would keep the ear rings and still not put out ;)

Return those bad boys! If you want to spend money on her - how about a trip? A shared experience is better than a gift.

• Like 12
salparadise

Oh man! 6k and you haven't even slept with her? And you think she'll be so overcome with gratitude that she'll just drop'em? I think that's a huge mistake for several reasons.

• Like 10
There is a lady I really want to fu*k real bad and I just spent $6000 on a pair of Channel earrings for her. What's wrong with me? I always saw myself as thrifty and a starving artist but that is no longer the case, I'm not starving anymore. I have always been conservative when it comes to money(with the exception of doing things to help children). I haven't given her the earrings yet and am second guessing my decision. I am invited to her new home tonight, if money isn't as important as it used to be what would be the right thing to do? I really want her to feel special, fu*k the money.

What's 'wrong' with you?

You've just paid $6000 for a possible ****. You may end up quids in, or lose the lot.

Bottom line, you gambled on pretty even odds.

Still, a pretty high price to pay for a maybe.

Good luck

• Like 5

If you spent $6000 on Channel earrings, you got ripped off. Those Channel earrings are not the real deal. :laugh:

And considering the fact that another man can make her feel special without spending a dime, this doesn't sound like a good investment.

I would reconsider. Come up with a new plan. Something more creative, original and uniquely me.

• Like 2
  • Author

It is not just about getting laid. She is a single mom that has accomplished a lot. She is amazing, younger then then me, punches like a dude if you piss her off but turns heads when she walks into a room, men or women. We have been friends for years but there has always been a chemistry between us. I want to make sure she and her daughter are OK.

• Like 1
  • Author
If you spent $6000 on Channel earrings, you got ripped off. Those Channel earrings are not the real deal. :laugh:

And considering the fact that another man can make her feel special without spending a dime, this doesn't sound like a good investment.

I would reconsider. Come up with a new plan. Something more creative, original and uniquely me.

They are the real deal, trust me on that one.

What's 'wrong' with you?

You've just paid $6000 for a possible ****. You may end up quids in, or lose the lot.

Bottom line, you gambled on pretty even odds.

Still, a pretty high price to pay for a maybe.

Good luck

MuddyFootprints

That's the kind of gift that makes a woman uncomfortable. I'm glad you are second guessing yourself at this point.

• Like 7
losangelena

Take 'em back! Make her and her daughter feel special in a more special, "personal" way.

Expensive jewelry is nice, but ultimately not what a relationship is built on.

• Like 8
  • Author

She is such an amazing woman and deserves it in her life. It's not really even about the sex as much as it would be nice. Don't know how I have two posts.

Depends on what $6000 means to you. If it's .005% of your monthly income/average or so, not really that big of a deal.

RecentChange

If she is a single mom, unless she is wealthy, she probably has a list a mile long on things she RATHER have $6,000 for than a pair of earrings. I know if I was given such a gift - I would look into returning it for the money!

If you want her to feel special and "make sure her and her daughter are okay" - how about $6,000 set aside for college books? How about $6,000 to buy the daughter a car?

Or if you just want to spoil the mom, $6,000 could be spread over amazing dinners, spa treatments, weekend retreats... all sorts of things other than a pair of earrings that probably wouldn't be worn often.

What made you decide to buy them? Has she shown interest in this particular pair? Is she into expensive jewelry?

• Like 9
DatingDirection

I'm not entitled to tell you what to do with $6,000. It's a free market society, do whatever you want with your money. But since you're asking the question, in a way that suggests, maybe it's crazy to spend $6,000 on ear rings, I will give my answer: YES it really bothers me, when people spend that kind of money on earings. Why? Well...there are people out there, who are less fortunity, who are in need of food, clothing, and education. Really, if $6,ooo is nothing to you, then why not help someone in need with that kind of money, and spend money on something more of substance with her, like take a small trip together, as a memory in the making between the two of you? But $6,000 on some earrings, to me is just kind of...shallow. Sorry but it is. If i dated a guy who gave me $6,000 earings to show me how special i was. I would say, honey, thank you so much, but if you want to show me how special i am, make a less materialized investment in me, such as invest in my education, or invest in someone else's education who can't afford it. Something more of substance. In my opionion. But then again, it's your money, you do what you want.

• Like 1
DatingDirection

One last thought. If you break up or stop seeing her, she will probably sell those earrings you got her. So, that's another reason why i wouldn't go spending $6,000 on earrings.

• Like 1

If you want to give her those fine. Since you are not in a sexual relationship with her yet understand that gift may not go over well.

It will either be too much or you will create unreasonable expectations going forward. What are you going to get her for her birthday or Christmas -- a $15,000 Chanel handbag? 'Cause if you can't maintain that level of gifting, this will end BADLY for you, assuming she accepts the gift at all. If I guy who I wasn't dating tried to give me $600 earring I would conclude he draws improper boundaries & was trying to buy my affections. Then I would stop talking to him.

• Like 7

You're in love, love makes you do stuff like that sometimes. You need to pursue her normally if you really want her though. Especially if you want to take care of her. Jewelry has awful resale value. She could probably get 500 bucks for those earings if she tried to sell them.

• Like 3
  • Author

Sorry if I upset anyone with my post but the money doesn't mean that much to me anymore. my kids will be looked after and even my ex will be well taken care of. This girl knows what those diamond double c's mean and I just want to give her something she can have and appreciate for the rest of her life, that's all. Sex isn't as important as it used to be and no it is not expected. I am giving her the gift no matter what, I am on my way. Just to be clear, she will never have to go without as long as she is in my life. No expectations(even though in my mind.........never mind).

whichwayisup
It is not just about getting laid. She is a single mom that has accomplished a lot. She is amazing, younger then then me, punches like a dude if you piss her off but turns heads when she walks into a room, men or women. We have been friends for years but there has always been a chemistry between us. I want to make sure she and her daughter are OK.

That money could have been put into a bank account for her daughter. Earrings are a waste and (were you hoping) that giving her the earrings will lead to sex?

I'm guessing it's one of those situations where he's not even trying to pursue her romantically and his desire is leaking out in the form of expensive gifts and money instead.

Seriously though, whatever's holding you back just fix it. Think you're too fat? Loose weight. Too old? Throw that mindset out the window. You're probably torpedoing any chance you have at romance with her by being passive with gifts and not just pursuing what you really want.

• Like 5

Girls like fresh picked flowers or a bracelet where the proceeds from the purchase go to charity. Simple meaningful things or nothing.

My husband brought me a case of my fav beer while we were dating..stole my heart. Return the earrings geesh..just NO.

• Like 3

Tempted as I always am, I don't usually correct spellings online, but if you're going to waste $6,000 on earrings for a woman, you should at least know how to spell it. It should be "Chanel." If it says "Channel," you got taken.

• Like 8
Tempted as I always am, I don't usually correct spellings online, but if you're going to waste $6,000 on earrings for a woman, you should at least know how to spell it. It should be "Chanel." If it says "Channel," you got taken.

That was my point. If you don't know the difference between Chanel and Channel, then you shouldn't be paying $6000 for earrings.

Especially if your reason for doing so is because you want to "fu*k real bad".

You're doing it wrong.

• Like 5
Photofinish

$6000....

SO MUCH I could do with that kinda money.

Would I want it in earrings? HECK NO. Why not spend it on taking it out or taking her shopping if you want to spend that much on her ?

But if you're doing it just for sex then it's basically prostitution

• Like 1