Ex bf brother bday-wish happy bday or leave alone?

enchanted771

My ex moved out about 5 weeks ago. I had thought about working things out. He flaked on a phone call and then his brother messaged me to say he found out his phone was broke. (still no excuse in my book). Then the ex messages me a day later telling me he is going to come by my work the following week, and he flaked. So my question is this: I get a notification that it is his brothers birthday on fb. I don't want to be immature, but I don't want him to think I am wishing him a HBD so that his brother will notice and talk to me. (He disappeared off social network again allegedly because of phone). Do I wish him a Happy Birthday on fb or do I just leave it alone? he didn't do anything wrong to me, but I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. Strangely enough, I am friends with my last ex family as well but it is mostly females...

Are you friends with his brother? Do you make contact normally, like with you do with other friends? What are you more worried about, that the ex will think you're trying to get in touch.. or the ex won't even care? I ask because often we do things like this because deep down, we're wanting a reaction from the ex. If you decide to do this, just make sure it's for the right reasons.

• Author
enchanted771

No its more sporadic. I am more worried that my ex will think that I am trying to make contact. Pretty obvious to me that he doesn't care. I don't want to seem heartless or immature to his brother either because he didn't do anything wrong to me, but not sure if he will feel comfortable or not. I was just going to fb message him but I thought maybe that's too personal.

Do I wish him a Happy Birthday on fb or do I just leave it alone?

Since you weren't good friends with brother earlier, leave it alone. It will seem stalkerish otherwise.

Even though the ex's phone is broken, yours still works, right? So he could call or message you from any phone or Internet connected device on Planet Earth if he wanted. If there's to be contact, let him initiate...

Mr. Lucky

If you bump into the brother IRL in the next day or so of course be polite & say Happy Birthday. Otherwise, since you are no longer dating his brother unfriend him on all social media. That part of your life is over. Sever the connections.