Girl says she "doesn't want to get attached"

A girl that I really like says that she's really not interested in dating anyone. She said "I'm really not interested in dating anyone. Ever.

So it's not that it's you. It's just that I'm weird about people. I don't like getting attached. So I don't much like the idea of dating anyone." does this mean that it is a possibility, or is it completely out of the question?

We hang out every day in class, and she seems to like me.

Ever see the movie "Hitched", starring Will Smith? At the beginning of the movie he was sorta talking how some wome say that they're too this/that to date, settle down, etc...but how those women all of a sudden change their mind when they meet a particular guy?

I believe that when you find who you want, your barriers will come down.

I'm fed up with dating and have my moments where before my latest 3 year drought, I had droughts before. But I can guarantee you that if I meet someone that's right for me, I'll put aside my doubts, fears, etc.

Actually, recently I came out of a bad situation of a guy who really hurt my feelings and had me questioning my ability to read a man's actual interest in me...total bummer. But late last nite I was on OLD and ran across some good profiles and it was like whatever that guy put me through never happened...I was and am eager to chat up the dudes I was looking at last nite.

So, yea, she may be down like me...but trust me, when we meet that particular "someone" all our negativity will be gone to the wasteside :)

• Like 2

Isn't there a movie by the name' She's just not that into you'! Maybe this applies to your situation. Warm wishes.

She isn't interested in being more than friends with you.

I agree with Gloria, when she meets someone who sparks her interest, her tune will change.

Sorry.

• Like 1

From a woman's point of view it can also mean she just has too many psychological issues to work through right now and is going to push any man away. Not a good way to start IMO.

I know some of my single women friends who have been with abusive men, gone through crazy divorces, etc. and a lot of them just can't take the risk to let anyone in many years later. They'll do things like start an OLD profile, take it down when they get a message, etc. It's self sabotaging but it's what they are comfortable with.

A girl that I really like says that she's really not interested in dating anyone. She said "I'm really not interested in dating anyone. Ever.

So it's not that it's you. It's just that I'm weird about people. I don't like getting attached. So I don't much like the idea of dating anyone." does this mean that it is a possibility, or is it completely out of the question?

Sounds like me...in my case, I just unconsciously doing so. there were some guys I sort of attracted to but not crazy about. I tend to unconsciously push them away. I just don't like to get close to people I think.

but if they were insistent, I might change, but none of them did unfortunately. they just sort of made me feel they like me, but never really coming strong. I didn't reciprocate and then they just disappeared.

so, OP, if you think she likes you, just give her some more time. maybe gradually she will feel close to you.

be sincere and be insistent, she might change. it's really possibly it's not about you.

Folks, sorry to report that this new member logged off at exactly the same minute as posting this and hasn't been back so don't expect any responses but feel free to offer opinion on the general topic of disclosure regarding disinterest in attachment/relationships, etc. Thanks!

She might be an unusual person or have autistic tendencies. I don't think someone who was just putting you off would mention the word "ever". That would be unusual. Someone putting you off would probably say that they are not interested in a relationship now, or they are off men or they prefer to stay as friends.