My Ex Girlfriend Came Back But Hasn't Ended Things With Her New Boyfriend

My ex girlfriend and i been together for 12 years we have a 3 year old daughter. My ex and I would constantly argue and fight till one day we got into the worse fight we ever did. she broke up with me and took my daughter from me for 2 months. I was heart broken. I cried, i begged, i talked to her family, i did everything i could to get her back for 2 whole months. come to find out she was seeing a guy 2 weeks before our break up and he clouded her judgment to come back to me.

so I fell back completely. I went 3 months without seeing her and only talked to her regarding my daughter. I got better focused on myself, started going to the gym, got a better paying job, started spending alot more time with my daughter and started dating new women. basically I am at a very happy point in my life without my ex

Out the blue she calls me and asked me what do i think about us getting back together. I was skeptical at first and said to myself what the heck let me see where her mind is at. so one day i surprised her and met up with her. She was shocked. she saw i was fit, looked good, changed my appearance, and i was so much happier and was not needy or desperate.

So she told me about her new guy and was very honest with me. she said she was going to end things with him because it was a fling and she knows it wouldnt go any where with him but sees a future with me. I listened and said that's up to you if you want to leave him.

so we started hanging out she started calling me baby instead of my name saying i love you more and saying she is so happy to have me back how much she missed me, and how much she wants to be a family again. But she still had her new boyfriend in the picture. for 3 weeks now she has says she is going to end it with him but doesn't its constantly an excuse. she has been spending a lot more time with me then him (out of the 3 weeks she was with me everyday and chilled with him maybe 3 times) but it is not completely ended with her new boyfriend. I told her if she doesn't want to be with me i'm cool with that and i wont be heart broken like i was before if she decides to stay with him. she says no i don't like him any more it was a fling, he means nothing to me, im going to get rid of him.

i don't want to give her an ultimatum and make her choose between me and him but at the same time i don't want to wait for her to make up her mind. she said absolutely for sure she is going to cut it off with him by this week. if she doesn't then i can stop talking to her completely. she said she is that confident and sure that she is going to cut it off completely with him this week.

what should i do? should i ride it out for one more week or should i just walk away and stop dealing with her all together. I love her and I would love to make it work with her. but at the same time i feel like even if i did fully get back with her this guy will always be hiden in the back ground.

You should give her an ultimatum. After 12 years & 1 child together I hardly think you are being unreasonable by forcing her to pick her family or some guy she cheated on you with.

Why you want her back however, is another Q entirely.

• Like 2