Whats more important. Being loved or Giving love.

marcusdevilliers

I want you guys to think about this question. really and truly think about it, and answer below. i think it will help out a lot to be honest. and help out a lot of us going through break ups.

I want you guys to think about this question. really and truly think about it, and answer below. i think it will help out a lot to be honest. and help out a lot of us going through break ups.

To be loved you must be willing to give love, not just towards others but to yourself.

That is always the priority, to love yourself before you can love another human being. Without the love for yourself you will not be able to give true love onto others.

• Like 2
mystikmind2005
To be loved you must be willing to give love, not just towards others but to yourself.

That is always the priority, to love yourself before you can love another human being. Without the love for yourself you will not be able to give true love onto others.

Don't be fooled, you can give true love to others when you don't love yourself, that's not the issue. The issue is that not loving yourself leaves you very vulnerable to emotional dysfunction especially under the various circumstances and situations that life throws your way. Also if you have a supportive partner, you may even do quite well in a loving relationship despite not loving yourself.... but why settle for that when things could be so much better if you did love yourself?

Don't be fooled, you can give true love to others when you don't love yourself...

I strongly disagree with that, and believe that if you don't love yourself, you don't know how to really love someone else. Whats more important? Being loved... by yourself. And giving love... to yourself.

Definitely giving - but only to those who truly deserve it! Figuring out who that is, well that's the hard part.

Giving - feeds the ego in an acceptable way

Taking - feels just great

So for me, definitely both. If I took too much without giving I'd feel selfish, spoilt. If I gave too much without ever getting soon I'd feeling was wasting my time giving.

Ever have a lazy day and really love it? Well elongate that for a month and people get depressed.

You can prefer to give over taking for example. But you would still have to take to remain a healthy wholesome person.

• Like 1
Giving - feeds the ego in an acceptable way.

But some people give "Just" to fill their ego...it isn't genuine at all...aka "people pleasers"

They try to make themselves the martyr. Some give cuz they feel it's the only way they can get friends, acceptance, etc.

I sincerely give cuz I love to give. I do community work and stuff and hate when people know it's me.

I do a lot of sweet things and am all about pleasing a guy I'm with...hence, why I get passed over for manipulators and the town skanks. The guys look at my giving nature and figure that something's wrong with someone treating them right.

todreaminblue
I strongly disagree with that, and believe that if you don't love yourself, you don't know how to really love someone else. Whats more important? Being loved... by yourself. And giving love... to yourself.

this isnt true at all......you do know how to love others if you dont love yourself...you just dont quite understand why others are able to love you......and quite often ...someone might compensate by loving others more than they should....

i am not a fan of myself at the best of times.....i do however....know how to give......its taking i have a problem with...deb

mystikmind2005

hmmm gee, if only life was infinitely complex and varied from individual to individual. But since its not, then you must be right.

Yes some people have issues like that.

But even the ones who give out of love do it for themselves. It is a ego thing. Not all ego is bad. Some ego is just human. It makes you feel good about yourself to help others. It makes you feel worthwhile. It is as much about the self as it is about the give. It is selfish and unselfish wrapped together. This is pshyco babble. But it is true.

But some people give "Just" to fill their ego...it isn't genuine at all...aka "people pleasers"

They try to make themselves the martyr. Some give cuz they feel it's the only way they can get friends, acceptance, etc.

I sincerely give cuz I love to give. I do community work and stuff and hate when people know it's me.

I do a lot of sweet things and am all about pleasing a guy I'm with...hence, why I get passed over for manipulators and the town skanks. The guys look at my giving nature and figure that something's wrong with someone treating them right.

I think it's most important that love is a two way street.

Giving it - without it being returned is kinda sad.

And can you feel "real love" for someone that doesn't express the same emotions for you? Isn't that part of what makes you love them so much? That they love you - give you these wonderful feelings.... Which makes you love them more / reciprocate?

• Like 2

What you say initially sounds right on paper.

But I've been messed up a lot and while still messed up have still been able to love.

But must admit while in messed up state, reciveing love was a major issue.

Which really makes sense when you don't love yourself, no one else is allowed to either. Out of order sign!

todreaminblue

love

love is...what you want it to be,

love is what you feel not what you know

its the warmth you FEEL when in the presence of someone special to you

its how you FEEL caring for someone who doesnt love you back

its how you truly FEEL about your enemies

ITS HOW YOU FEEL about waking up next to no one

its how you feel listeniNg to love songs and remembering being able to give love

its how you feel when you touch someones hand or hug someone hello

love is what you ignore FEELING when you think you ARE better than someone else

love is what you ignore FEELING when you judge someone and find them lacking

LOVE IS WHAT YOU IGNORE FEELING WHEN YOU WALK PAST AN OUTSTRETCHED HAND

love is what you ignore when someone smiles at you even though you saw them smile........and you dont smile back

love is giving.........and not expecting to be loved in return..the best feeling in life is when you can FEEL that you can give love and be loved in return....it is pure joy personified.....peopel who dotn know how to love themselves....often flourish like a flower in drought when they are truly loved in returh...and thats fact.....the ideal purpose of people on earth....is to love to flourish and be loved in return..for with love all things grow.......the world however is not ideal for growth....needs effort and faith........deb

• Like 1

It's most important to give love. However, that doesn't mean love will be returned. Many people experience unrequited love.

Love is best when it is given without any expectation of anything in return. That is pure love in my opinion.

The ironic this is when we love like that - without any expectation of return - we put ourselves in the greatest position to be loved.

• Like 3
this isnt true at all.....

What isn't true? I just said what I believe. I did not state anything as fact.

hmmm gee, if only life was infinitely complex and varied from individual to individual. But since its not, then you must be right.

Again with this kind of talk, but now with petty sarcasm. There is no reason to call anything I said right or wrong. I only said that I disagreed and then shared what I believed, not what was so. I came here to try to assist in a discussion. If you want to make snarky comments, I will not participate with you.

todreaminblue
What isn't true? I just said what I believe. I did not state anything as fact.

Again with this kind of talk, but now with petty sarcasm. There is no reason to call anything I said right or wrong. I only said that I disagreed and then shared what I believed, not what was so. I came here to try to assist in a discussion. If you want to make snarky comments, I will not participate with you.

hey bluefeather

i am sorry, i should have said i feel this isnt true or i believe this isnt true...its what i meant...sorry i didnt write that more clearly......

what i feel is really important bluefeather...is to love with out expecting anything back..so giving love with a defined selflessness in thought and a lack of ego...if every person on earth or more people did that....the world would be filled with more love than it ever has before....and eventually everyone would love everyone...but yeah...dreams are good....to have......maybe in the next life it will be exactly like that..actually it will.....i believe.....deb

It's most important to give love. However, that doesn't mean love will be returned. Many people experience unrequited love.

Love is best when it is given without any expectation of anything in return. That is pure love in my opinion.

The ironic this is when we love like that - without any expectation of return - we put ourselves in the greatest position to be loved.

I don't think it's "love" per se when it is unrequited.

While I am open to giving love w/o expecting it in return, I don't believe in unrequited love because it is giving your all to someone who could care less.

While I can't call love what I went through this past year, I can say that I had and showed feelings for someone who didn't deserve an ounce of it and looking back, I don't see myself ever doing that for someone again if they don't feel and/or express it in return.

In the future, I'm not changing - I'm still gonna give w/o expecting anything in return. But, when it comes to someone I have romantic feelings for and after a while they're not reciprocating, recognizing and even becoming rude and/or abusive, I'm gone.

While I agree with todreaminblue's post - enemies, bad, and/or evil people don't deserve to be given anything. I have no love for them.

What you mean by "important"? Important in what sense?

mystikmind2005

What is again? You took only the first few words of what i said then said you strongly disagree. Just seemed like you totally disregarded the rest of what i said, that is why i responded a bit harshly, sorry.