Should I be insulted that the guy I'm seeing asked me this?

I've been seeing this guy for 2 and 1/2 months now, and usually he wants me to dress sexy for him, like me wearing a nice dress, top, skirt. Anyway, last week, when we met up, I wore a cute outfit and he liked it. Then today, I told him that I was going to wear a sexy dress for him tomorrow and he asked, "Is that the same dress you wore last week?" Um, ok...should I be insulted? Did he imply that I wear the same outfits when we're together or something? I mean, what woman would wear the same outfit twice in a row??? Unless, he really, really liked the outfit I wore last week, but to me, I got the hint that he was implying that I was a "cheapskate" or was poor because I have wore the same t-shirts-during the day awhile back...

He's a guy. what the hell do we know? He's probably wearing two different socks.

We don't know all the do's and don'ts when it comes to a woman and her attire. All we know is if we like something then we wear it until it falls off then we buy a new one. Maybe you need to inform him and watch how fat he falls asleep.

• Like 1

you are thinking like a girl. A guy is 1000 times more simple. He wasn't thinking anything of the sort.

He was just wondering if you going to wear that dress again because he liked it.

It was nothing more complex than that. Guys don't have hidden meanings or agendas. That's what chicks do.

So unless he is actually a lesbian posing as a man, he didn't mean anything by it other than wondering if you were going to wear that dress he liked again.

• Like 8

The fact he even noticed it was going to be the same dress shows he is more attentive to a womans appearance than a lot of guys. You dressing up is either a fetish for him or he is supremely observant.

• Like 1
The fact he even noticed it was going to be the same dress shows he is more attentive to a womans appearance than a lot of guys. You dressing up is either a fetish for him or he is supremely observant.

good point. He is one in a million if he even notices what dress you are wearing and can relate it back to the other time you wore it.

warrenorabbits
I've been seeing this guy for 2 and 1/2 months now, and usually he wants me to dress sexy for him, like me wearing a nice dress, top, skirt. Anyway, last week, when we met up, I wore a cute outfit and he liked it. Then today, I told him that I was going to wear a sexy dress for him tomorrow and he asked, "Is that the same dress you wore last week?" Um, ok...should I be insulted? Did he imply that I wear the same outfits when we're together or something? I mean, what woman would wear the same outfit twice in a row??? Unless, he really, really liked the outfit I wore last week, but to me, I got the hint that he was implying that I was a "cheapskate" or was poor because I have wore the same t-shirts-during the day awhile back...

I think you're overanalyzing this. My guess is that he liked your choice from last week.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think you're overanalyzing this. My guess is that he liked your choice from last week.

Yeah, he liked my choice from last week. but c'mon what woman would wear the same outfit for the 2nd time in row? Would that turn-off guys? When he asked if I was going to wear the same dress as last week, I told him no, then I asked him, if he wanted me to wear the same thing, he replied, 'no, new is always good, and that he would like to see all my cute outfits at some point." I can't help to think that he see's me a poor girl. This makes me mad.

Yeah, he liked my choice from last week. but c'mon what woman would wear the same outfit for the 2nd time in row? Would that turn-off guys? When he asked if I was going to wear the same dress as last week, I told him no, then I asked him, if he wanted me to wear the same thing, he replied, 'no, new is always good, and that he would like to see all my cute outfits at some point." I can't help to think that he see's me a poor girl. This makes me mad.

Laugh it off and throw it back at him

Unlucky_I_Guess

Wow. You are REALLY over-thinking this.

Guys don't care if you wear the same outfit, especially if they like it. Don't fret over this.

• Like 2
regine_phalange

Is he the type to be catty?

I think he most probably loved the dress though, and in the conversation you had afterwards he wanted to "support" your choice to wear something different.

... usually he wants me to dress sexy for him,

OK but how did he communicate that to you and is it still OK if you do not "dress sexy".

Is he taking too much interest perhaps, is he trying to dictate how you look?

• Like 1
you are thinking like a girl.

Honestly that's a bit offensive. I'm female, and I do not have those kinds of contorted thought processes.

Some females do that. I've also seen some males do that (and you'll find them on here - "what did she mean when she said X?!").

The quality is "overthinking a fairly trivial social interaction," not "female."

Men & women communicate differently. He liked the dress & he would like to see you in it again. Period. Full stop. No hidden agenda.

Of course no woman would wear the same thing in the early stages of dating but a guy would.

It's not a money thing. It's a sex thing. . He probably has a few fantasies about taking the dress he mentioned off you. That's all.

• Like 1
Then today, I told him that I was going to wear a sexy dress for him tomorrow and he asked, "Is that the same dress you wore last week?" Um, ok...should I be insulted? Did he imply that I wear the same outfits when we're together or something?

Okay, what was his exact facial expression and voice tone when he said it haha? We weren't there, it could mean 100 of things, you also have to consider his general behavior, we cannot know what he truly meant by saying just a line if we weren't there. You know best, because you know him.

Seriously!?! Stop being a (stereotypical) girl and overthinking this. If you aren't sure what he is saying then just ask him. You are getting ramped on something that is a non-issue. Stop. :rolleyes: (And I am a girl)

• Like 3

Of course no woman would wear the same thing in the early stages of dating but a guy would.

I would, and I have. And the guy commented on it. I didn't see the big deal and was surprised he commented. I wear what I like. But this isn't only a female thing - the GUY noticed and commented on clothes, in my case, and in her case. It's just a silly expectation for women, but many men do indeed notice.

• Like 2
  • Author
I would, and I have. And the guy commented on it. I didn't see the big deal and was surprised he commented. I wear what I like. But this isn't only a female thing - the GUY noticed and commented on clothes, in my case, and in her case. It's just a silly expectation for women, but many men do indeed notice.

Exactly. I didn't think it was a big deal! Twice I wore the same tops while we were out during the day. Just something causal. I just was a little offended that he would audacity to ask if I was going to wear my dress again tonight. This sucks. I guess women are expected to wear different outfits when out with a man.

OK but how did he communicate that to you and is it still OK if you do not "dress sexy".

Is he taking too much interest perhaps, is he trying to dictate how you look?

I cant believe other women didnt notice this as well. I think this guy sees the OP as arm candy, and likes to show her off. Since when does a guy dictate what his woman wears?? Isnt that up to her?? I can understand wanting to look good, and present yourself in a good way, but specifically wearing certain items as if you are a barbie doll and doing it just to satisfy him is two different things.

The real test is for you to show up in something conservative and non-sexy and if he comments about it or flips out you better kick him to the curb.

• Like 2
  • Author

Well, the fact that he would assume I would wear the same outfit as last Friday baffles me. What woman in her right mind would wear the same outfit for a man the following Friday???

You are choosing to wig out over something that isn't there. Do you always obsess this much?

GorillaTheater
Well, the fact that he would assume I would wear the same outfit as last Friday baffles me. What woman in her right mind would wear the same outfit for a man the following Friday???

You could always ask him. Judging by your threads on LS, you're not shy about asking questions.

It's down to his tone I think however, men in my experience only remember something if they like it. They also don't notice brand. As long as it fits and it looks like you made an effort they are super happy

• Like 1

I agree that he liked it .

I've been told to 'wear that dress again' , because a guy liked how I looked in it.

If I was asked the question though, I'd probably just say 'why do you ask'

men shouldn't be noticing clothes at all except to say they like it/find it sexy. i start questioning their ... manliness if they comment further and notice a re-wear. a guy who is looking at your outfits is too interested in appearances... this will be your red flag moment later on... :)

• Like 1