How to keep balance in a relationship?

How to know when your partner is flaking or you simply just being too needy?

What are the stages of a relationship ? What to expect?

I would like to know peoples perspective

How to know when your partner is flaking or you simply just being too needy?

What are the stages of a relationship ? What to expect?

I would like to know peoples perspective

if your partner keeps you guess, he's most likely playing games and wants to keep you on a string.

interested men act interested. it is your choice to accept in your life men acting any other way... and thus settling. Normally, you should't be feeling needy nor should you ask yourself if he's flaky. Normally you're supposed to know.

Stop all contact and date other men. If he's interested, he won't just text you again, but he will ask you out and make firm plans. Anything else but firm plans is smoke in the eyes and he's only looking for an ego strike.

Watch actions over words - when is he making contact. How often he's making contact. What sort of interaction does he prefer. It's the easiest, when weeding out stringers.

Are we talking the beginning of a relationship or once established?

Once it's established I think a balance is having a focus on other areas of your life, some separate interests, that allow you to nourish pieces of yourself that don't have to be the same as your SO. But one needs to nourish the relationship every day, making sure both parties are doing things to fill their SO's love banks so a coming together.

In regards to neediness, etc. I think it is subjective towards the couple and the events of that time. There needs to be some level of give and take, ebb and flow, that each party is allowed to be vulnerable but not the extreme they are codependent.

I know, right now, I am pregnant and that does make one feel a little more clingy than usual. My husband likes it as I am normally a very independent person. So he likes the additional "need to be needed". And I am okay with the level as I am still independent and self sufficient. I am happy it makes him feel needed/wanted so a win/win for both.

If, at times in our relationship, one party isn't feeling they are being prioritized, acknowledged, valued we would discuss it and compromise. The most important thing is making sure each one of you feels heard. I know one thing we have learned to do is repeat back what the other person is saying to make sure we have it right. And we are free with "I am sorry". :)

• Like 1