Ex gets out of prison in a few weeks.

As most of you know my first wife shot at me and went to prison then when she got out she moved to Florida where she robbed a donut shop and served four years. She gets out next month and I am wondering if I have anything to worry about. I have not mentioned to her or my mom who she is close to that I moved but she still speaks to people in Jersey and things have a way of getting around. Should I worry about her coming after us or do you think we are safe? I wouldn't put it past her because I know that she still blames me for the situation she is in. My wife said she will probably get herself killed within a few weeks and then we can be safe. I know that sounds cold hearted but I understand.

Woggle, contact all your friends and tell them to please keep their mouths shut - or spread rumours that you have moved in TOTALLY the opposite direction.

Overseas, even.... So even if she does get some info, she will ask around and have so many conflicting tales, she won't know what to believe, let alone do....

• Like 9
  • Author
Woggle, contact all your friends and tell them to please keep their mouths shut - or spread rumours that you have moved in TOTALLY the opposite direction.

Overseas, even.... So even if she does get some info, she will ask around and have so many conflicting tales, she won't know what to believe, let alone do....

Good idea. 99% of my friends can't stand her so they would do it.

• Like 4

...and the 0.01% that do may tell her the truth, but hopefully by then, the seeds of total doubt and confusion will have been well and truly sown by the remaining 99%...

• Like 3
could you get a restraining order against her?

These really don't help protect against homicidal or violent people. It usually actually angers them to take action.

Getting one would also put her on notice of his location, as it would direct her to stay a certain distance away from him. And she must be advised where that is.

• Like 4
A donut shop??

Just as a bit of levity, if you wanted to make sure cops didn't catch you, wouldn't a DONUT SHOP be the last place you'd rob......

:D :D :D

I like the RO idea, btw, unless it somehow reveals your whereabouts

• Like 5

Oh gosh, sorry about your situation and no, I didn't know that your ex was such a mess...

But yeah, I agree with others...

Don't panic, but you gotta take precautions to be safe....

Get an alarm system, practice an emergency plan in different scenarios (ie her hiding in your yard, car, etc), be aware of your surroundings (I mean, she may even recruit others to do you harm), get dogs, get a gun and learn how to use it, don't put personal stuff and/or your status (ie going on vacation) on social media.

• Like 1

I'd get a gun, and learn how to use it from a very good professional[practice shooting for the kill].

Actually, i'd get two and if the law allowed, i'd keep one constantly hidden in my vehicle.

A .38 Special would do.

PS: Doesn't this make her dangerously close to being a 3 strike loser ?

Edited by Radu
  • Like 1
Grumpybutfun

Woggle, yes, I would plan for any possible situation. Tarameres' idea about sowing false information is good especially since you have moved and she might not know where you are now. Also, get a dog or an alarm system. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I had no idea she was this unhinged. Sorry, man, this really blows.

Good luck and keep us posted so we know you are ok,

Grumps

• Like 2
Woggle, yes, I would plan for any possible situation. Tarameres' idea about sowing false information is good ....

Good luck and keep us posted so we know you are ok,

Grumps

Huh. Typical.

I come up with all the great ideas, and the Front-Bench lawyer gets all the credit.... :mad:

:laugh:

• Like 4
Grumpybutfun
Huh. Typical.

I come up with all the great ideas, and the Front-Bench lawyer gets all the credit.... :mad:

My apologies... You know I think you are brilliant...I am an ass! An old ass...who obviously needs glasses.

G

I'm not sure how helpful sowing false information will be. If a person really wanted to find someone, that information is a few clicks away. I don't know if I would get my friends involved in my personal situation. Especially by asking them to lie for me.

I don't know the history here, but she didn't come after you the first time she got out of prison. Why do you suspect she'll came after you this time?

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't know the history here, but she didn't come after you the first time she got out of prison. Why do you suspect she'll came after you this time?

She was only out of prison for a few weeks before she got locked up again. Maybe history will repeat itself and doesn't Florid have a three strikes law for violent offenses?

She was only out of prison for a few weeks before she got locked up again. Maybe history will repeat itself and doesn't Florid have a three strikes law for violent offenses?

Yeah, it does, Woggs but you can't count on it necessarily.

Judges can exercise discretion and there is a time frame in which the violent act has to happen.

Coming clear across the country takes effort and cash.

I think you're okay unless she has means and a ton of motivation.

It also requires planning and frankly she sounds a mess.

More likely, she will get out, fall back in with her friends, relapse into drug abuse and baked goods hold ups.

• Like 1
As most of you know my first wife shot at me and went to prison then when she got out she moved to Florida where she robbed a donut shop and served four years.

A donut shop :laugh::laugh:

Woggle I agree with the others who suggest you have the contact information of her parole officer, just in case she violates her parole by contacting you (in person or via social media or email).

If she contacts you (god forbid) then contact her parole officer so that he/she can decide if your ex gets a warning or a probation violation hearing.

Ask a local attorney's office about the restraining order option before you file it. Good luck.

• Like 1