this is a simple question

There was a time in the past when I would have said "NO". TV show behavior was the product of one writer's - or one producer's - view of the world. Most people pushing these world views were white and male, and many 50+. In their world view, a hot 21 year old woman would walk right past a hot 23 year old guy to hit on a balding, potbellied 53 year old white man who looks a lot like a TV producer. :p

However...TV show behavior has gotten even worse, but people spend so much time watching it, that they are now using it as a model for behavior IRL. I'm not even talking about the copycat killings etc. - I mean things like the rudeness, sarcastic cracks, constant "flip" tone, always looking for a laugh, "naughty" innuendo with lots of junior high school "ooohs" and "aahhhhhs", and not caring how foolish or low-minded one sounds.

TV behavior, for some segment of our population, is the leading edge model of human interactions. This scares me...

• Author

dude, solemate, i totally know what you mean. i feel like everyone one in "society" is just copying how people act on TV or something.

Originally posted by finalf72

do TV shows come even close to as how people act and think and stuff in real life?

I think it makes people believe that it's reality, so much that it becomes theirs.