Men: How Often Are You Approached?

I'm guessing, given the brevity of your post, that you mean:

"Men: How Often Are You Approached by woman who are seeking more than a casual conversation?"

Very rarely...

Looking back over my life, I can point to a handful of occasions when a girl was showing signs of interest.

Better looking guys get asked more often.

Clearly, a girl is only going to cold approach a guy she likes the look of, she knows nothing about them, so the ONLY attractor is physical.

I'm a charmer, not a looker...

• Like 2
Grumpybutfun

Are you asking how often we are approached with flirting? Asking us out on a date? Sex in an alley?

:laugh:

G

• Like 3

My current 2 year girlfriend was her friend getting my attention in a bar because my girlfriend told her I had a nice smile. I was simply happy to be off work early and getting a drink with a friend. No expectations.

• Like 1
Are you asking how often we are approached with flirting? Asking us out on a date? Sex in an alley?

G

Any and all I guess...

LOL, sex in an alley...ewww...

Well, i did have sex at the Shrine or Remembrance after I cold approached the ONLY GIRL IN THE ARCADE PARLOUR.

Memories, that was decades ago...

Oh, I was a virgin....dressed badly as I was supposed to be working that night....miracles DO happen.

Reminds me of this:

I'm a guy. And I've been approached by lots of men (I'm not gay though). One is a composer of sorts and performs at the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles (he's quirky and a much older dude). He was totally gay.

I was also approached by a pretty manly truck driver (looked more like a pedophile). Dude, even if I was a desperately horny homosexual I am sure I would have said no. This guy was desperate and was practically begging me to go to a motel with him.

Another time I was "approached" by a manly construction worker. It was in my dad's shop in my very early twenties. I gave him a credit card receipt to sign for his purchase and he hands it back to me. Then he takes it back and says: "oh wait, I forgot to write my phone number on it." I get it back from him and I took a look at the credit card receipt because I could have sworn there was never any phone number field. I look at it and say "oh, you're phone number wasn't needed actually." Then he smiles and I kid you not... I saw his eye twinkle like in those old school romantic movies. I thought "wtf"! Then he says something like "if you ever want to go out some time" and blah blah... I tried to respond to that and I think I must have set a stutter record. I think after about 30 seconds of stuttering I was able to squeeze out a "sorry" or something. Too bad though... he was actually a very good lookin' dude and could have made some chick happy. -1 for ladies.

A year or two ago I was in a chipotle and black guy (who was a dwarf) told me he'd like to handcuff himself to me and slap the s**t out of me. He said it'd be an amazing night. He gave me his number but I never called him back. This was in Hollywood and I got this vibe from him like he had a white boy fetish. He was an actual dwarf btw; like half my height.

Edited by S_A
  • Like 1

What do you think it is about you that attracts men? I have been approached by gay guys before. They knew I was straight and were sort of joking about it. Your situation seems like a more serious problem

G

hum... don't remember ever doing that in real life - also I may have stroke up some random conversations with a few guys - I usually do that in coffee shop. I also remember vividly about asking out a guy on OLD, because I was finding him interesting but had a feeling he was happy to just chat and wanted to stop wasting my time. Turns out my intuition was correct :p ! I'm sure I've set up a few dates with some guys who were a bit slow... no remarkable stories there, confirms the theory that if a man is really interested, they're happy to be doing all the asking and planning. If it's working, why fix it :o ?

Sex in an alley... with a stranger no. But... I do remember this one guy, booooy did i have the hots for him! We were seeing eachother for a months and the holidays were coming and wouldn't see eachother for a 3-4 weeks. Chemistry and nasty thoughts were up in the air - and actually we saw the perfect alley, while he was walking me home. And as we approached... realized that there was this hidden garbage bin nearby stinking all the way to heaven :sick: ! Needless to say, it killed all the sex drive, hahaha!

I do miss feeling that attracted to a guy, though :cool: !

• Like 1
What do you think it is about you that attracts men? I have been approached by gay guys before. They knew I was straight and were sort of joking about it. Your situation seems like a more serious problem

If you're thinking that I'm a straight guy that acts flamboyant or something and gives mixed signals, you're wrong. I actually give them props. I could have been one of those straight guys that doesn't know how to handle being approached by a gay guy and just knocked them out. Takes guts IMO.

I don't know... I guess the best explanation is this: welcome to Los Angeles.

EDIT: The truck driver was married with kids FYI.

Edited by S_A
  • Like 1
If you're thinking that I'm a straight guy that acts flamboyant or something and gives mixed signals, you're wrong. I actually give them props. I could have been one of those straight guys that doesn't know how to handle being approached by a gay guy and just knocked them out. Takes guts IMO.

I certainly did not think that. And I know plenty of guys who act flamboyant that are not gay.

Any and all I guess...

LOL, sex in an alley...ewww...

Well, i did have sex at the Shrine or Remembrance after I cold approached the ONLY GIRL IN THE ARCAD

Memories, that was decades ago...

I guess this gives you a different meaning to "lest we forget"?!

My only similar point of view was an encounter outside gate 3 at the mcg

Edited by joseb

Op to answer your question, I'm struggling to think of more than a couple of occasions. It's pretty rare

How about you?

So what are the rules? Are we asking where a woman cold approach and asked you out? Or cold approached and started a conversation, dropped subtle hints, and left the asking out to the man?

Is this a trick question or something?

You don't think high quality women approach men do you? (that's unless of course you are in the top 10% of men/have massive social/celebrity status in which case women will flock to you).

Never once been approached. The idea is quite absurd when you think about it.

Ummmm ... never.

To be approached you have to be ... photogenic, in my experience.

Edited by Radu

Usually when I go out I do get approached once or twice but only when I am in shape and usually not by the brightest women.

I have only been approached directly for sex once though. I was going home from a party and she walked up to me and said hi. I told her I was going home and she told me it was her birthday and that she wanted birthday sex.

The biggest variable I found in being approached or not is being in shape. When I am in shape (working out 2 hours a day 3-5 days a week) I almost never do not get approached. When I am not in shape (not working out at all for a couple of months) I do not get approached at all.

• Like 1

Gay guys like guys who take very good care of themselves. You must be doing something right!

Twice. Women don't do this. Even though they should. There is zero reason not to other than they are afraid.

Twice. Women don't do this. Even though they should. There is zero reason not to other than they are afraid.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but since you bring this up, how exactly does a guy like to be approached?

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but since you bring this up, how exactly does a guy like to be approached?

Just make it pretty damn obvious what you're there for. Don't make it a conversation that will be interpreted as friendly banter.

Or you could just ask the guy if he'd like to go out sometime. But now we're talking unicorn land here.

• Like 1

You know, I'm of two minds on this. One, I can see how it kinda sucks to never be approached, which is pretty much how things have gone with women in life. Two, I kinda get women's annoyance with unwanted approaches, having been approached as a younger guy by homosexual men. Yeah, attention may seem nice when one isn't getting any but beware of getting what one wants too.

The last woman who approached me sexually was married. Unremarkable around here. My takeaway is married women are secure and simply either having or looking for a little fun and they don't mind approaching men since rejection means nothing and, around here, few men would reject a woman's approach, married or single. It's win-win for them, hence more commonly done.

Though not an 'approach', I did get the sense, recently, that the person who owns the hotel I've been staying at was doing a bit of flirting with me, simply by body language and conversation content and the fact that she keeps lowering my room rate even though the place is booked solid in the middle of busy season. As a token of my appreciation, I offered to bring some special BBQ sauce we make on my next trip for her BF to try. Yep, 75yo woman with a BF (I've met him) flirting with me. I can tell because she's friendly with other customers but it's more detached and typical of a motel owner.

Though approaches, in general, aren't entirely non-existent, they are rare and, like the above, generally from married or attached women. I've been married and been in LTR's and did get approached while married but found that attention unwanted because, well, I was married. That's life I guess.