What are the benefits for a woman to work at Hooters?

TouchedByViolet
Men drooling all over them? The money? Is it more professional than working at a strip club?

Sounds like you got the major points covered. Some women enjoy all the attention to their looks. Most women like making a lot of money. I don't know about professionalism but there is more of a cultural stigma when working at a strip club than working at hooters.... or maybe she isn't a good dancer.

• Like 1

Most people that have "the body" for it, like to show it off. Always nice when you can make money off it as well for not too bad of a social stigma.

Check out some of the outfits women wear at gyms, you don't even gotta give them $$$ lol.

Oh yeah, it's comfortable ;)

I would assume the pay is a little higher than your basic server wage, so there's that plus tips I suppose.

MrNate 2.0

I hear Twin Peaks is the better choice.

Apparently the chicks there make bank.

autumnnight

I'm not sure if the OP has ever BEEN to a Hooters. I have been to 2. Both were basically sports grill type restaurants with big TV's, and the waitresses just happened to wear skimpy outfits. There was no catcalling or bumping and grinding or whatever. There were actually several families in the restaurant.

As for the benefits? Well, since most waitstaff make way less than minimum wage, they live off tips. And if you are a pretty girl with a good figure, then you'll make more tips at a Hooters where you can show it off than at Applebee's most likely.

what are the conditions, the protocol, for the Hooters girl when her looks go?

or do Hooters rely on a high staff turnover to avoid this complication?

autumnnight
what are the conditions, the protocol, for the Hooters girl when her looks go?

or do Hooters rely on a high staff turnover to avoid this complication?

I think most of the women who work at Hooters are fairly young. The 2 I went to were in college towns, so maybe I am wrong about that. But I'm not sure....

Okay, on a seriously note (and I am not a supporter of Hooters or other similar style establishments), they have made a hard push for a number of benefits that does make them a decent place to work.

There staff is called actors, not waiters, so they are paid hire than minimum wage as well as making tips. They have a robust benefit plan, tuition reimbursement, and focus heavily on upward mobility/promotion.

In fact, Katrina Cole, President and COO of Cinnabon started at Hooters, as a Hooters girl, and is one of the youngest (female) executives in the food industry. Cinnabon is owned by Focus Brands.

She is also one of a very small number of female COOs or CEOs in the food/retail space.

For goodness sake.

Bobbi after reading a few of your threads recently I think you are better off going to church.

So you clearly do not like it but your tastes are not going to be everyone elses. People do not fit neatly into boxes.

Here is a thought. Instead of worrying about Hooters girls and silly jokes. How about worrying about more pressing issues like homelessness, animal cruelty, child abuse etc...

Hooters girls work at Hooters to pay the bills. Better they do that then spend your tax money by claiming welfare. They are not harming anyone.

• Like 9

Same reason most people work as waitstaff - a paycheck that keeps food on their table and a roof over their head, except they probably get a slightly higher paycheck than waitstaff usually do.

• Like 1

There are no advantages. You could work anywhere else without giving yourself a bad reputation and putting up with sexual harassment and objectification. Did you know that strip clubs actually recruit out of there? So it's your stepping stone to being a stripper. Don't do it.

autumnnight
There are no advantages. You could work anywhere else without giving yourself a bad reputation and putting up with sexual harassment and objectification. Did you know that strip clubs actually recruit out of there? So it's your stepping stone to being a stripper. Don't do it.

Have you ever BEEN to Hooters?????

• Like 3
eye of the storm

The benefits of working at Hooters are like the benefits of working anywhere. A paycheck.

It is a restaurant.

• Like 3
  • Author
The benefits of working at Hooters are like the benefits of working anywhere. A paycheck.

It is a restaurant.

I know it's a restaurant that serves food, but c'mon- a name like HOOTER'S?, plus those tight ass bright colored shorts with their ass hanging out and tits popping out through that tiny tank top serving chicken wings? This is a place for men. So now it's considered a family restaurant? Yeah, I'm sure they are booked for kids parties and on Mother's Day. Why not have a restaurant for us ladies-PENIS.

I know it's a restaurant that serves food, but c'mon- a name like HOOTER'S?, plus those tight ass bright colored shorts with their ass hanging out and tits popping out through that tiny tank top serving chicken wings? This is a place for men. So now it's considered a family restaurant? Yeah, I'm sure they are booked for kids parties and on Mother's Day. Why not have a restaurant for us ladies-PENIS.

One word.

Tallywhackers...

Who cares if they are strippers to be or the next CEO of a multinational corporation.

If you do not want to look then the answer is simple. Do not go!

They are just trying to make money. They are not robbing banks, they are not robbing your house or beating up old ladies. So why judge them so harshly? Its just boobs and arse. Last time I looked every woman had those (and some men!!) of all shapes and sizes...

• Like 5
autumnnight

I'm sorry, but this is bordering on offensive now. They wear short shorts, pantyhose, a white tank, and bras. Skimpy? Yes, I guess so. But lots of people dine at restaurants dressed at least as skimpy. There is no stripping, there is no fondling, there is no sitting in laps and making mischief. And yes, I saw quite a few families eating there. They take orders and serve food with a couple of big TV's showing ballgames.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the human being female who choose to work there, and quite frankly, you need to get off your high horse borne of ignorance.

• Like 8
I'm sorry, but this is bordering on offensive now. They wear short shorts, pantyhose, a white tank, and bras. Skimpy? Yes, I guess so. But lots of people dine at restaurants dressed at least as skimpy. There is no stripping, there is no fondling, there is no sitting in laps and making mischief. And yes, I saw quite a few families eating there. They take orders and serve food with a couple of big TV's showing ballgames.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the human being female who choose to work there, and quite frankly, you need to get off your high horse borne of ignorance.

News flash

Women on beaches wear bikinis!!! :mad: how dare they have the gall to wear what is effectively just underwear IN PUBLIC!!!

The devils also wear bikinis at swimming pools...

IT MUST BE STOPPED! WOMEN MUST HIDE THEIR BODIES OR BE SHAMED!!!

Oh dear... I hope everyone gets my sarcasm... Seriously guys. We are gone past the Victorian age. They are not doing anything wrong.

Even strippers are doing it behind closed doors and not in your face.

Women need to stop judging other women so badly just because they have a job and are working! What happened to supporting the sisterhood? Oh yeah thats right we all got PMT... ;)

• Like 9
Shining One

This is situational, but a high school friend of mine worked her way through college at Hooters.

• She got paid well due to generous tips.
  • The management at that restaurant was far more flexible with her school schedule than the other options available to her.
  • They provided tuition assistance.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the place since I'm a wing elitist.

• Like 4
eye of the storm

There is a restaurant up here called BJs. Don't care. Good drinks.

If you don't like Hooters for their name or their wings or their uniforms then don't go. It is simple.

Stop pushing YOUR version of morality on others. They are not hurting anyone. They are making an honest living.

I personally do not like bikini baristas. Do I knock them? No, I just don't get my coffee there. See how easy it is? I have never forbid my kids from going their (my son can tell you where every one in a 10 mile radius is) I don't degrade others for going there or working there, I just don't go myself.

You don't like Hooters. Fine. But it is nothing more than just a restaurant/sports bar.

• Like 3