Did my husband make a mistake or not?!?!?!?! Help!

Ok so my husband and I went to my companys christmas party last night. He is a very straight forward person but I think the beers helped. I had told him about a few people at work that were....icky to say the least. They are pot smokers (which is there business but I dont want to hang with them) and they tend to be kind of freaky with each other and other peoples spouses. So after the party a bunch of them were going out to another bar. They had asked me if we wanted to go and I nicely said no and that we were tired and going home. Well, we had to go back into the party because my husband left his coat. While I was looking for it one of my co workers came up to my husband and asked if we wanted to go out. (she didnt realize I had already been asked.) my husband, being the straight forward kind of guy he is asks her if she smokes pot. She tells him yes. He says, well my wife doesnt think we should associate or be around that kind of situation and especially because of his job (hes in law enforcement) and says "I am backing her up but if you want to ask her its up to her." So my co worker asks me again and I say no again. NOW, I am embarrassed! I told him about there use of pot in confidence!!! Not for him to say something to ANYONE about.

First of all, should I be embarrassed and secondly, did he make a mistake????

It was awkward, it was the booze. Don't let it ruin or hamper your relationship. Especially since he is in Law Enforcement, he should not jeopardize his living.

You said they were icky to say the lease, so don't socialize with them---work with them , deal with them at the Christmas party and don't sweat it.

Don't bash your hubby!

ma'am:

Your hubby is in law enforcement, what do you want him to do? I mean, did you expect anything else here. You, being his wife, should know best how he would react especally after having 4 or 5 beers.

• Author

I am not really mad at him just worry about how I will be treated at work today. I know these girls, they will say something and how offended they were. I have to sit side by side with these women. How do I respond to them?

Originally posted by retro80zkids

I have to sit side by side with these women. How do I respond to them?

Just tell 'em that your hubby is a copper and he had a few drinks and tends to be overly direct with people. But I would not apologize for him or yourself. Don't let these pot-heads think they are better than you cause they are not.

What else is there to say?

ThumbingMyWay
Originally posted by retro80zkids

...and they tend to be kind of freaky with each other and other peoples spouses.

just curious.....but what do they do?

I am not really mad at him just worry about how I will be treated at work today. I know these girls, they will say something and how offended they were. I have to sit side by side with these women. How do I respond to them?

Another question.....how did you feel about them before you knew they smoked pot?

And if you are just not down with it and you dont not care for these people you work with, then that is your right to feel that way. You shouldnt feel bad. Just dont come off as being holier than thou.....if they confront you, just say that you disagree with it and dont like being around it. But, you can still be civil at work with them.

I use this analogy with things I dont like. You can like the person, but dislike their actions.