When a guy initiates an OLD message: do women first read the message or the profile?

Just wondering which women read first: the first message or the profile of the guy who sent it?

I read the message first because if it's one word like "hey," "beautiful," or my personal favorite "DTF," I don't need to bother looking at the profile.

• Like 2

I only did OLD once, for a short period of time, but I always read the message first. The profile really didn't mean much to me. As long as it didn't have any super blatant red flags on the profile, like "Eff this site, everyone's fake, no one ever answers!", then the profile didn't mean too much. Just gives me a few basics about the guy, but I was far more interested in actually talking to him, interacting with him. I can't do that from bulletpoint lists on a profile.

• Like 1
Just wondering which women read first: the first message or the profile of the guy who sent it?

I ALWAYS read the profile first.

I read it to know what to expect and to see if I should even get my hopes up that the message is anything good.

• Like 1

I did OLD a long time ago. I read the message 1st because it was right there. If the message was lame or worse, offensive, there was no need to click to the profile. If both were good, I responded positively.

• Like 3

When I was on OLD I would look at the profile first. I can get a better feel for a person based on his writing style. Most first messages don't have more than one or two sentences, while a profile has (or should have) at least a paragraph or two for me to look at. If his profile had no red flags, I would look at the message next.

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1

I believe both men and women look at the picture first once they are notified they have a message. If a woman sends me a message I have to make sure she is cute before I even read the message.