s, thoughts, experiences on situation

unbreakable1995

My ex GF (17yrs old) and I (19yrs old) dated for a year. I was homeless when she met me and her parents allowed me to move with them where we all continued to struggle financially together. I ended up moving from PA to FL with them after being with my ex for 6 months who I at the time was certain she loved me and I knew that I loved her. So we get to Florida still struggling living in a hotel. Now I could do much better than what I was living with but I never left because I loved my ex. So back in February she broke up with me out of the blue a week after our 1 year anniversary for our neighbor at the hotel who is 30 years old. So I flew back to PA immediately and have my own place a great job and everything that I need I pay for after two months apart. And the thing is I was so good to her. We were very stressed as two teens trying to take care of her 3 siblings and help out with buying food and other necessities so we did bicker a lot but we understood our circumstances and loved eachother or so I thought unconditionally. I wouldn't say that I don't love her and miss her but im never going to allow her back into my life. Now heres the best part and I couldn't stop laughing when I found out... This 30yr old she is with who is so "perfect" (he does not have his life together at all lol) I just found out has knocked my 17 year old ex up lmao. Shes only two weeks in so it couldn't be mine. And shes been in a relationship with him for id say a little over a month. And she didn't cheat on me and this I know because I kept up real close on that lol. So I just want opinions, anybody have experiences like mine, will my ex and this new guy last together forever? Is it possible she knew he was the one?

acrosstheuniverse

It is very unlikely that the ex and this 30 year old will go the distance, she is just a child still and somebody so immature and inexperienced will have real problems sustaining a good quality relationship with somebody nearly twice their age, depending on what this guy is like.

However, it's no longer your concern. You need a paternity test, as soon as possible, to determine if the baby is yours. Then you can proceed from there. Try not to get too sucked back into the drama until you can establish the baby's paternity.

You're only human, so I can't blame you too much for finding joy in the misfortune of an ex, but it's really not that funny.

It's really very sad that a 17-year-old is going to be a mother to a child whose father is much older and likely not a very stand-up guy. And it sucks that her difficult family life and upbringing probably had a large part to play in her decision to hook up with a loser and have a baby with him.

To answer your questions, no, they won't last (and if they do it will likely be a very unhealthy relationship) and no, she probably didn't know that he was "the one" because teenagers don't really have the kind of foresight to make good life choices. Stop laughing at her, move on, and forget about her. You'll be okay.