why haven't we made contact? been over 2 years

seanster138

Hello everybody, i am a guy. Me and my ex haven't spoken for over 2 years

We've been best friends for 8 years and been together for 4 years. We were each other's firsts, and we moved to the STATES together.

About 2.5 years ago, she basically betrayed me & cheated on me for another guy, whom i assume she is still with.

Before, she said she wanted space, she cried, said she had fallen out of love......etc. But we never officially broken up, or had any official closure(if that makes any sense).

But the funny thing is, after 1 week after saying that to me, we did everything as normal( a couple), as if it never happened.

Long story short, After meeting this guy, she forgot i existed 2 months after her little episode with me about falling out of love...etc

We have not spoken since, and within 4 months into her new relationship, she moved in with the guy, transferred to a different university and even relocated about 40 miles south, even changed her number.

Now, after finding out that she was seeing someone else, i never knew how to handle the situation, so i cut communication off with her completely, because i knew i deserved better, even thinking about all the time invested into her.

About 10 months ago, she had unblocked me off Facebook too, but we are not friends on no social media.

But hearing from mutual friends, i heard she is doing good for herself, and i am happy for her. As for me, i am happy were i am in life at the moment, no complaints.

My parents always taught me, if you love someone, sometimes you have to let them go, if you really care about them, and if it is meant to be it will be, and maybe in the future your paths will align once again for the better.

This post is not to bash her, and i am not in no way have any intentions in getting back with her.

However, why is it that we haven't made contact with each other?

Because you're broken up, things change - you can never go back to being just "friends".

autumnnight

You may not have had an official break up, but the relationship is over. That is why you have not heard from her. Are you under the impression that you two are still dating even though you haven't heard from her all this time?