Wow... looked at phone messages

Hey everyone,

I come in here sheepish and I feel terrible about what I have done, but my GF of 6 months gave me her iPhone to wipe. It's been sitting on my desk for a couple of months and today I thought I'd wipe it off so she could sell it.

I turned it on, and some iMessages started appearing. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help it.. I opened her messaging app and had a little sneaky look around. I wish I never had. I found a flood (I'm talking 100's possible 1000's of messages of her sexting guys).

Now, these were all before my time. BUT, some with some guys whom she is still friends with and still chats with alot. One guy in particular who she says is her best friend, and there was never anything more to it, but it appears she is lying!!! they were hooking up and doing all kinds of stuff.

It's not the fact she was seeing some of these guys, it's the fact she lies to me about it. I can't stand lying and she's done it before on a couple of occassions, and I have made it very clear I don't like dishonesty.

SHe's such a sweet girl, but these texts are vulgar and sooo dirty, even photos... seriously she got so graphic.

My question is.... should I confront her about it and come clean? I feel sick. I want to be honest and I hate dishonesty, but I have broken her trust in looking at the messages.

What should I do?

Hey everyone,

I come in here sheepish and I feel terrible about what I have done, but my GF of 6 months gave me her iPhone to wipe. It's been sitting on my desk for a couple of months and today I thought I'd wipe it off so she could sell it.

I turned it on, and some iMessages started appearing. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help it.. I opened her messaging app and had a little sneaky look around. I wish I never had. I found a flood (I'm talking 100's possible 1000's of messages of her sexting guys).

Now, these were all before my time. BUT, some with some guys whom she is still friends with and still chats with alot. One guy in particular who she says is her best friend, and there was never anything more to it, but it appears she is lying!!! they were hooking up and doing all kinds of stuff.

It's not the fact she was seeing some of these guys, it's the fact she lies to me about it. I can't stand lying and she's done it before on a couple of occassions, and I have made it very clear I don't like dishonesty.

SHe's such a sweet girl, but these texts are vulgar and sooo dirty, even photos... seriously she got so graphic.

My question is.... should I confront her about it and come clean? I feel sick. I want to be honest and I hate dishonesty, but I have broken her trust in looking at the messages.

What should I do?

You should probably dump her. She's a liar & still is "best friends" with a guy that she's clearly attracted to & slept with him in the past or still is, who knows. Doesn't seem like the nice girl you think she is. At least confront her, and get her side of the story. Ask her some questions pretending you don't know the answers to them & see if she lies to you yet again. If she does, than you should definitely know what to do.

Edited by NJ123

You have stated your case and she has proven herself before.

So this statement:

SHe's such a sweet girl

Is pretty irrelevant. Doesn't matter if she is "such a sweet girl" if you have caught her lying before and now have caught her again.

What should I do?

You have made it clear you don't like dishonesty so you KNOW what you need to do.... Time to move on.