Anonymous Xmas card delivered!

Dear Lady Disdain

Hi there anyone reading, I'm unsure what to make of this...cute or creepy??

Not many people know where I live, in fact only a couple of people, one guy who used to give me lifts home a while ago and the other a work colleague possibly

Anyway I get home this Christmas after being away with my family and an anonymous card has been put through my letterbox, the envelope just has my name on

The card says " It's Christmas! ", inside it says " Have fun " and somebody has written my name again above the have fun bit, doesn't say anything else!

The writing is unusual too as if somebody tried to disguise their usual handwriting

Thoughts? Sweet or weird, now I am obsessed with wondering who this is...I think it's quite cute in a way, suspect it may be work colleague! But it's just a bit odd because there are no kisses or anything, just my name written there...and that's what makes it a bit creepy

Thx X

Edited by Dear Lady Disdain
Frank2thepoint

You have an admirer. Also known as a stalker. You have two suspects, which will make it much easier to solve this mystery of the secret Christmas card. Don your sleuth hat and grab your magnifying glass. You can try to acquire some written documents from either suspects, and visually match up the handwriting. Try not to break into anybodies home. But if you must, wear a ninja outfit. Perform your sleuthing at night. Wear gloves to not leave any fingerprints in case someone decides to get the pesky law enforcement involved. Once you identify which culprit left the card, you may confront them, not say anything and be content, or leave your own secret card. I suggest to leave it in their refrigerator for extra effect.

Or you can just ask both individuals if either one left you the card. But you may encounter a problem if both admit to leaving you a card. Or both denying it.

Good luck.

Tough one, it could be both. Maybe a secret admirer, maybe someone just delivered the card wrong (I pardon if that ruined a hope/fantasy of yours). Not to feel bad though last year someone dropped an unopened chocolate bar into my mailbox, I have....no idea why someone would do that.

You should keep this thread updated in case there is progress, I'll be anticipating more to come or we shall both be disappointed by this mysterious card with no clue at all. Actually a bit disappointing there were no other clues in the writing.

• Author
Dear Lady Disdain

Frank2thepoint, hey I wish I could do some undercover work, I may try to see what the guy's writing is like at work, he is pretty quirky, this could be something he'd do, haha I like your reply...yeah there can only be two suspects actually unless somebody has been spying on me * cue creepy music *

StalwartMind haha funny about the chocolate bar, I don't think it was an accidental drop as I have a pretty unusual name, in fact I'm probably the only one in town so no chance of an accident

jab116 yes I do but the only time I speak to the neighbours is once a year when they get a parcel and sure they wouldn't have memorised my name

Curious thing is anyway, why would ANYBODY just write my name in the card, no hi, no dear, no affection and not say who the card was from - with no message, the it's christmas have fun! was on the card printed already....pretty bizarre, I need to untangle this mystery!!

Thanks again for replies :-) I'll let you know if further developments...if you think it's a secret admirer that's cheered me up! :-D however a part of me is worried guy at work could be trying to scare me for fun, he is moody around me sometimes for no reason and a bit strange...