question on multidating for the OLD-ers

I was thinking about what the norm is for multidating, especially for people doing online dating.

How many people do you usually date at once? Typically how long do you date people before you start to narrow it down?

MercuryMorrison1

I just re-entered the OLD scene.

I've been on three dates with three different women in the past week and a half.

One of them I think is very possibly girlfriend material, she seems to have similar sentiments towards me, so we'll see where that goes.

Multi-dating is fine in my opinion...In the beginning you are not tied down to anyone, you are simply going on dates meeting new people and seeing who you are compatible with.

However, if/when you meet someone and you and that person become ''official'' that's when it's time to set your OLD account aside and stop the dating.

• Like 1

It can be very expensive and exhausting multidating so just so you are not falling asleep behind the wheel on the way to work in the morning, you want to narrow it down sooner rather than later. If your bank account can stand it, all of the eating out, drinking, movies etc., will add up quickly. Generally, I like multidating and like to keep it up until someone I really like and enjoy insists on dating exclusive then I will do that.

I sometimes set up first meets with 2 or 3, but never went on a 2nd with more than 1 at once.

Keep it simple, avoid future hassles.

I am old fashioned I guess, but it worked well for me.

I sometimes set up first meets with 2 or 3, but never went on a 2nd with more than 1 at once.

Keep it simple, avoid future hassles.

I am old fashioned I guess, but it worked well for me.

Not yet doing it but this is the way I want to go.

If they are special enough for me to want to see them again - they are special enough for me to allow myself to get to know them with out further distraction.

I was thinking about what the norm is for multidating, especially for people doing online dating. ?

I've read online that most OLDers actually don't multidate, whether through choice or just the circumstance that the opportunity doesn't arise. Some firm did a study of this. The vast majority don't.

I've also read that OKCupid has a question about "how many people you prefer to date when not in a serious relationship?"

The overwhelming response of women is "dating one at a time" or so I've read or been told.

Remember, the OLD companies make their money by having as many people pursuing as many people at once as possible. So naturally they are pushing MD as the norm.

Personally, it would be hard to pursue more than one at a time seriously. It might be fun to pursue a whole bunch with no serious intent, but I think that could lead to trouble fast. In practice, I haven't had to deal with that, it is hard enough to find one in OLD that I actually want to see where the interest is mutual. IRL still seems a lot more fruitful.

My two cents for you.

LookAtThisPOst

A man has to mulit-date, esp. when it comes to the online realm because so many women flake out prior to even meeting or in case they flake out from future dates. You have to keep a few irons in the fire as back-up until one sticks around.

How many people do you usually date at once? Typically how long do you date people before you start to narrow it down?

I would date as many as there were who wanted to meet me at that time, if I also wanted to meet them.

Usually, one to three dates was sufficient. Most never made it past the initial meet - even though almost all were good prospects and we'd emailed and IMd extensively to determine that.

I've messaged with multiple girls at once but I only setup meetings one at a time. Even the messaging part is hard, but I know it's necessary due to the numbers game.

I sometimes go on dates with two different women and as many first dates as possible. OLD is purely a numbers game so the more dates you go on, the more likely you will meet someone that is GF material. I've been on dates with girls who flaked out, wanted a free meal, wanted a one night hookup, you name it. The girls I have met that are long term Gf material online are few and far between.

I've been on dates with girls who flaked out, wanted a free meal, wanted a one night hookup, you name it. The girls I have met that are long term Gf material online are few and far between.

Ya cos you never meet these kind of girls in the real world, right? They only exist online...? :p

LookAtThisPOst
Ya cos you never meet these kind of girls in the real world, right? They only exist online...? :p

They probably exist less in the real world that's for sure. In RL, they are face-to-face with you and likely more genuine about getting to know you if they agree to go out with you.

I've had better luck outside online dating.