Im VERY care free and it bothers my Husband

lexnmike4enomore

I am a very care free person. If my tire blows....who cares ill get another one. If i get into a car accident and its not my fault...who care...they'll pay for it. If a nail break...who care, ill get them redone.

This bothers my husband soooooo much that nothing really bothers me. So when we fight about it........i don't really care b/c i know that everything will be OK in the morning. When someone steps on my husbands shoes its ^^* &*^&(@ @&$**( !! !?!?*@&(. Maybe he just cares toooo much? How do i address this. Is it a problem that I'm so care free? IMHO, People should be so lucky to be as care free.

Wow, are you always that carefree? I confess being a little jealous, I often wish i could be like that.

If when your husband or kids (if you have any) get ill or get hurt you don't care because they have no deadly disease and they will get better, of if when your husband is sad/upset/crying you don't care because it won't last forever, I can see why he is bothered. :bunny:

also, if you break a nail and don't make a drama out of it like some people do, it's great, but if your tire blows.....well, that is potentially dangerous, and someone who does not care might look like someone who doesn't take care of herself.

It's hard to explain but if a friend /family member was in a car crash and didn't care, I'd think there is something wrong with him/her. It's not about fixing the car, it's about your life/health! I guess most people expect other people to be upset if they have been in dangerous situations.

Also, I think that the average reaction to the fact that your partner does not care if the two of you got into a fight is wondering if you still love him/her.

I don't mean it's a smart reaction....it is just the average one.

People who love you want you to care about them.

People who love you want you to care about yourself.

lexnmike4enomore

I would care if the situation turned out tragic. I'm care free not Emotion free.

I just have such a different outlook on thing. If my kid got a scrape on the knee.......put a bandaid on it and its done. IF my tire blew and nothing happened i would't care but if i hit a tree an the tree fell on another car...of course id care.

I care about people. I sacrifice things so they can be happy. But i guess i just don't show it. Maybe i don't know how to.

Originally posted by Papillon

Most people are drama queens and expect others to be so as well.

True!!! I am a big a$$ drama queen and when someone takes something so nonchalantly I am totally baffled!

I think I would be bothered by it too.

I would care if the situation turned out tragic. I'm care free not Emotion free.

I just have such a different outlook on thing. If my kid got a scrape on the knee.......put a bandaid on it and its done. IF my tire blew and nothing happened i would't care but if i hit a tree an the tree fell on another car...of course id care.

I care about people. I sacrifice things so they can be happy. But i guess i just don't show it. Maybe i don't know how to.

What would you say to your child after you put the band aid on....would you not give them a hug or a kiss and at least say, "All better now, go on and play".... ?

When your tire blows and you're late for an appointment, I can see that you wouldn't be too bothered by that. But some us would be thinking, "Great, now I have to buy another one, change it out...yada yada....", but that's not my point.

Your boyfriend is trying to express something that bothers him, and is very important and close to him, and you shrug him off. That's what I'm talking about. It comes off more as being a cold person rather than it not bothering you. Mrs. Moose is the same way. We've been working on just that lately.

lexnmike4enomore
Originally posted by Moose

What would you say to your child after you put the band aid on....would you not give them a hug or a kiss and at least say, "All better now, go on and play".... ?

Thats normal. Of course i would but i wouldn't care after all thats said and done b/c everything is going to be OK!

When your tire blows and you're late for an appointment, I can see that you wouldn't be too bothered by that. But some us would be thinking, "Great, now I have to buy another one, change it out...yada yada....", but that's not my point.
I would't care that much b/c i can always call them and say "My tire blew, I'll be late or can we reschedule"

Your boyfriend is trying to express something that bothers him, and is very important and close to him, and you shrug him off. That's what I'm talking about. It comes off more as being a cold person rather than it not bothering you. Mrs. Moose is the same way. We've been working on just that lately.

It bothers my husband that i don't care as much as he does. The way he thinks is that if hits my car....**** happens. Thats my philosophy.....**** HAPPENS.

I'm not saying that i don't care at all. But some people just care a little too much about such trivial things. (not that me and my H fighting is trivial)