Guys Do You Prefer Woman Who Wear A Lot Of Makeup or Very Little Makeup

I've been wondering if the reason I don't get many messages with online dating is because I don't wear a lot of makeup. I do wear all of the makeup like eyeshadow and the rest of it.

Please Guys only answer. Do you prefer a woman with a lot of makeup or when she wears it she looks natural like she's not wearing it. I wear it where I look natural.

• Like 1

The best thing you can wear is a smile.

I've been wondering if the reason I don't get many messages with online dating

The reason you don't get many messages is because of your profile and photos. That is the only reason why someone would not get messages or replies to the messages they send.

Since we aren't allowed to post personally identifying information on this forum, I'd advise you go to the forums of your chosen OLD site, and post in the "profile reviews" section.

• Like 1
Please Guys only answer. Do you prefer a woman with a lot of makeup or when she wears it she looks natural like she's not wearing it. I wear it where I look natural.

I think it depends on the woman and the situation. Some people, I think, look better with less make up (or the appearance of not wearing much) and some look better with more. Sometimes I see people and think they are wearing too much. Sometimes it depends on the situation - going out in town on a Saturday night is a different scenario than going on a camping trip, for example.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, some guys complain about too much makeup, but they don't know what that means in terms of makeup:

So, for instance, women can wear a ton of makeup, and still look natural - accentuating her natural features a bit; which I believe men like. But she may still be using many products to get the job done.

Then there are others who have a rainbow on their face, and needless to say - most people, men and women, do not approve.

If the concern is primarily with makeup, I'd just suggest going to a makeup artist (MAC, Sephora, etc.) and having a chat with them about what features to accentuate, and what products you can do without.

Do you prefer a woman with a lot of makeup or when she wears it she looks natural like she's not wearing it. I wear it where I look natural.

makeup can transform a women. i remember seeing a friend's GF come out of the bathroom after a shower and not recognize her (far better with). good example is leah remini.

i have noticed that some men like it --- they are very superficial (a/k/a shallow). i see high maintenance.

so i do not. yes to some: lipstick, eye liner but it should be subtle to highlight not over powering.

• Author
The best thing you can wear is a smile.

The reason you don't get many messages is because of your profile and photos. That is the only reason why someone would not get messages or replies to the messages they send.

Since we aren't allowed to post personally identifying information on this forum, I'd advise you go to the forums of your chosen OLD site, and post in the "profile reviews" section.

You haven't seen my profile. You don't even know what I wrote and what my pictures look like.

I'm a woman but the answer will vary. Some men like make-up others don't.

Better solution, wear the amount of makeup so you like what you see in the mirror & feel beautiful, sexy & confident in your own body.

• Like 1

Yes. But whether or not OP is wearing makeup relates to those photos, does it not?

If my choices are "a lot" or "very little", I'm going with very little. I interpret a gal with a lot of makeup as (1) high-maintenance, (2) insecure, and (3) high-maintenance. I'd much rather see a gal's actual face.

You haven't seen my profile. You don't even know what I wrote and what my pictures look like.

No I haven't, yet I would bet my bottom dollar that I am right.

If you're after guys who only care about looks then this is the kind of thing you should be asking... will make-up make a difference?

If you want to attract guys who are not just after 1 thing, then I suggest you concentrate on less superficial aspects of your profile. I never once judged a woman based on the amount of make-up she was wearing. I concentrated on the shared interests and her views on more serious issues in the world.

No I haven't, yet I would bet my bottom dollar that I am right.

If you're after guys who only care about looks then this is the kind of thing you should be asking... will make-up make a difference?

If you want to attract guys who are not just after 1 thing, then I suggest you concentrate on less superficial aspects of your profile. I never once judged a woman based on the amount of make-up she was wearing. I concentrated on the shared interests and her views on more serious issues in the world.

Hate to say it but I have to agree...

The only thing these fellas have to go on is your profile so there must be something in it...

Frank2thepoint

I'm a man, and to give my personal preference, it is that I prefer a woman with no makeup. I like the complete natural look.

This is easy. If she's pretty, I prefer her to wear little makeup. If she's ugly, I prefer her to wear a lot :laugh:

• Like 2

What do you care if a guy likes your make up or no make up? The right guy will like you for you, not your make up.

• Like 1

A lot of guys will say they don't like a lot of makeup, but most women know they have no idea when a woman has a lot of makeup on and what they really mean is they don't like starkly obvious loud makeup. Those guys like "natural-looking" makeup, meaning neutral-toned makeup. But then more lively guys like a girl with a little color and pinks and reds and more drama.

• Like 3
What do you care if a guy likes your make up or no make up? The right guy will like you for you, not your make up.

I'm guessing because in a superficial environment, such as a bar/club or scanning pics and taglines on OLD, appearance counts.

He won't like her for her if he doesn't get to know her. He won't get to know her if he doesn't approach. He won't approach if he isn't interested. He won't be interested in he isn't attracted.

• Like 1

I love makeup. It is just supremely feminine. Not that I don't enjoy the eau naturelle look because I do very much, but to me a little mascara and lipstick go a long way. To each there own I guess...

• Like 1

Just enough make up so that she looks cute and I can't tell that she's wearing any.

Though having on more makeup is fine if we're going on a big date or she's really dressing up.

• Like 1

Too much make up isn't a good look anyway and sometimes an indicator of what's going on with that woman . . . self-esteem likely, not happy at her age, something she doesn't like about herself.

A woman who wears make up tastefully, enhances her beauty not creates it. She should look as good with or without makeup.

• Like 1
Yes. But whether or not OP is wearing makeup relates to those photos, does it not?

If my choices are "a lot" or "very little", I'm going with very little. I interpret a gal with a lot of makeup as (1) high-maintenance, (2) insecure, and (3) high-maintenance. I'd much rather see a gal's actual face.

Master Scorpio, I think it's (3) instead of (1) & (2) *;)