New in town; difficulty in making male friends?

justanewguy22

I'm a transplant in a big city and I cannot seem to connect to fellow guys now. I had heard previously that by the mid 20s, most men (people overall?) have already established their social circles and that makes it difficult to create real friendships. Obvious avenues for networking are school and work but I'm through with education and work full-time but the next youngest guy in the office is literally double my age so not exactly a crew I can hang out with after working hours.

I solo out guys because I've actually made a good amount of female friends via dating, deciding we weren't exactly right for each other but deciding it was still fun to hang out. This really isn't an option for me in dealing with guys though. Any other transplants encounter something similar?

sports is a good suggestion. Join a local gym that caters to younger people. There is a good website in USA called meetup.com...where you can find like-minded people to DO stuff with...like if you are into kayaking, there is probably a local group to do kayak trips with.