My friend keeps inviting Sorry if the tme to stuff despite seeing a guy for some time

genericname3

Sorry if the title is vague, didn't want to make it too long. Basically, my friend has been dating a guy for about two months now, which is great since her last breakup was pretty damn bad and at least, by my standard, that's when it really stops being simple dating and moreso a relationship.

However, she keeps inviting me to things that we'll say... are usually more reserved for couples? Stargazing, horseback riding, movies, most of these just one on one interactions. At first yeah, whatever, we're both newish to the city and been friends for a while, it's cool to hang out but since she's been seeing him as long as she had and I actually had the opportunity to meet him myself recently, it is getting a bit odd for me.

I know I'd never try anything with her but I'd completely understand if the other guy got suspicious or whatever. It had gotten to the point where when I get invited to something by her, I'll bring him up (as subtlety as I can anyway) and ask why not take him? She basically ignores me or tells me not to worry about it.

I do like chilling with her but would like to kinda dis-invite myself without lying/seemingly accusing her. I just don't think she can view this from a guys POV. Anyone have a similar happening?

Hey genericname3, I haven't personally experienced anything like that before but I can completely understand where you are coming from that it puts you into a awkward position. Personally, I would be completely honest with you friend and just "look, could you please not invite me to your couple events, as it make me feel awkward and puts me in an uncomfortable position" If she is a good friend, she should understand your point of view. I hope this helps. Nick.