Girls- Do you prefer if a guy texts or calls? College aged preffered

This is directed to girls college aged, early 20's. Do you prefer to text or talking on the phone during the early stages in the dating process? Does it depend on the topic? If so please elaborate.

Edited by cluelessme
clarity
WhatIsLove2014

For a regular conversation, I don't mind texting. But if it's something serious or something that would take pages and pages of texts, definitely warrants a phone call.

I'm dating an older-ish (27) guy...he likes to text but prefers face to face and I would agree.

Well face to face is best.

I hate talking on a phone though. I don't always hear well and phones always make a conversation sound garbled and I get so sick of holding this hot piece of plastic to my face, so when I must choose between calling and texting, I text. But I prefer to not use my phone at all, so face to face is best.

I hate talking on a phone though. I don't always hear well and phones always make a conversation sound garbled and I get so sick of holding this hot piece of plastic to my face, so when I must choose between calling and texting, I text. But I prefer to not use my phone at all, so face to face is best.

Never heard this before

I am a 28 year old male, here is my experience:

I use both.

During Dating:

Calling is used to have a conversation that leads to setting up a date. Also I never leave a message, so if my first call isn't picked up then I try again the next day. I find people who screen you are a big red flag, and show their priorities.

Texting is more of a reactive system for me in dating, if they like to text feel free to reciprocate but never use it as a means of getting to know someone. Using texting for light flirting, humour, or interesting things going on. Do not use it to ask a bunch of questions.

Relationship:

Phone calls are the norm here for me, easier/faster/more personal.

Texting is reserved for anything small that isn't worth a phone call.

----------------

At the end of the day when I use the phone women ALWAYS appreciate it more (except for low interest women) and say they love that I use it compare to guys that always text. It shows a certain amount of confidence, and builds better rapport in the early stages.

I'm not college aged but text is great for short things: Are we still on for tonight? please buy milk. I love you.

Anything that leans toward a conversation the context offered by voice -- inflection, laughter etc. is better.

If it's a serious conversation all the non verbal body language cues are required.

The thing is though, there are no universal answers for this in the beginning. You need to find out how the particular girl you are interested in wants to be communicated with.

Texting does allow for more hiding. So on some levels when you are young it's "safer" but the risk is somebody misinterpreting what you are saying