Is my boyfriend still interested in me?

I've been kind of hesitant to write about this but I really need some advice.

My bf (26) has recently just gone on holiday for a week and before he left things were mostly pretty good, no real problems to speak of. He forgot his phone and told me he wouldn't be able to contact me as much, which I understood since he's in another country. I've missed him quite a bit these past few days and I've been trying not to contact him very often so to give him space to breathe and chill but I've noticed him online quite frequently and I recently found out he's had quite a bit of access to fb and such but hasn't even messaged me to say hi. I wouldn't really be fussed except it feels like when I've caved and spoken to him he hasn't really wanted to speak to me.

He said he's been quite busy so I understand he hasn't had much chance to sit and just stop but I feel like he hasn't missed me much at all. I'm meant to be visiting him when he comes back and he hasn't said otherwise but am slightly concerned something is up. It could just be me being oversensitive tho, so I don't want to be jumping to any conclusions and it's not like he's cancelled any future plans but I just feel slightly less wanted.

In the beginning of the relationship (4 months ago) he was always willing to talk to me, would flirt with me over text or fb and would always be excited to see me. I understand that now we've been together a bit that things have probably settled slightly, but I'm worried that he's actually not interested as much. I know he wouldn't lie or cheat on me so that's not what I'm concerned about, I just don't know if I'm reading into things too much.

I'm usually always the one to contact first and I feel if I didn't then I have no idea if he eventually would. He does reply when I message him though. He has said he loves me though finds it hard to say, and I've accepted that he's quite shy in this respect. He also said that he's going to be quite busy with things over the weekend so we're not gonna be doing anything together which would be fine but he's gonna be busy for much of September.

He does actually get more open when he's drunk however. Where he won't normally text that he loves me, when he's drunk he'll sometimes text that he loves and misses me and that he's lucky etc. but the last time he texted this was about a week and a half ago, however he hasn't been drunk since then. He does say it back when we are 'intimate' though.

Am I just getting myself worked up over nothing or does it seem like he's cooling off?