Is this a healthy relationship?

Come to discover a few things about this woman who is in a relationship with her boss.

She was all excited about her cruise out of the country and was talking to a co-worker about how she would be paddle boarding and seeing the Mayan Ruins, etc.

She was going with her boyfriend, but when asked if he was joining her on those trips inland, she said, "Nah, I don't need him tagging along, he'll probably being watching TV back on the boat."

I was thinking "Um..okay, go out on a romantic cruise (or not-so romantic) cruise, burn up your vacation days, and you don't spend time with each other?

Also, they live in separate places only because her dog's a pain in the arse (he's always trying to bite him when he gets near her) and she claims she is always *itching, and that would just irritate him anyhow.

I want to ask, is this really a healthy relationship?

It might be for THEM.

The fact of the matter is you don't really know how or what makes these people tick or how or why their relationship works.

I have very good friends who have ben married for forty years. They live in different houses and only see each other on weekends. He likes the thrive of the city with art openings, film, and theater. She has a house in the country and prefers to stay at home.

They are both famous authors in their own right and once a year, each vacations separately.

The bottom line is that after 40 years, their marriage is perfect for THEM.

I know it wouldn't work for me. It doesn't make any sense.

I grew up with my parents sleeping in separate bedrooms. I suppose it works for them, that would NEVER work for me.....but who knows - when I get older I may need my own space LOL

• Author

With the way she acts...like a *itch(and an owner of a pain in the arse dog)

I think he's just stickin' around for the *ussy.

I guess if they spend time together in other ways it could be. Personally I would prefer to spend time together especially on vacation. That being said, I have known married couples who go on completely separate vacations. One guy would leave his kids with the wife and go off with his buddies. If she knew what he was up to she wouldn't allow it I don't think but then again maybe she didn't care.

First off, why does it matter to you? You aren't in the relationship.

Everyone defines their relationship set up differently and if both parties are happy and satisfied with it then I would say it is good relationship for them.