If you could be a kid would you be a kid? and what age would you like to be?

loveregardless

I would be a child forever if I could. I would be 5...what a great age...(sigh)

Your mommy still coddles you like a baby when its nap time and cuts up your food for you but you get to play outside by yourself! :D

hmmm- 12 I could read, play alone or walk to friends by myself, but still be just a kid. Plus my imagination wasn't jaded w/reality.

I wouldn't want a permanent change though- just a button I could push and be that age whenever I wanted- Plus all my friends at that age would have to go back to. That would be FABULOUS! :bunny:

Not for the rest of my life or to even start over but maybe for a day....I'd like to go back and be the ages of 7-9 (1974-1976).....

We lived a bit out in the country....

I lived in a neighborhood where all our (all the kids were my age, boys and girls) Dad's worked together, we all went to the same church and our parent's were all friends.....

We girls took dance, baton, cheerleading, voice, piano and gymnastics (in the south, a young lady must be accomplished in all these venues, why? Because who knows when in life a girl needs to tap their way into a backflip, while yelling a song, twirling a baton and playing the piano? LOLOL!! :rolleyes:) The boys played baseball, football, knew how to shoot targets and play golf at the country club....

But when we all got together!! A fallen tree was a pirate ship!! The woods was the perfect place to run barefoot and play a game of hide and seek (how we kept from being bit by rattlesnakes, I'll never know)!! A slip and slide was the coolest thing in the whole wide world. A bicycle could become a car, motorcycle or anything that kept us away from the bad guys if we were; Charlies Angels, S*W*A*T*, Starsky and Hutch, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman!!

A little creek was perfect to wade in and pretend we were on a deserted island with monsters!!

In the summer and on Saturdays (after cartoons of course), we went outside and played till our Mama (all our Mom's were able to stay at home and not have to work) called us for lunch, dinner or if it was getting "too dark"

I never noticed it was hot in the summer or cold in the winter!!

Oh and speaking of Saturday cartoons!! There was a time when cartoons (the new ones) were only available on Saturdays! Plus the Networks carried them. I remember getting up at the crack of dawn, fixing my Fruity Pebbles and sitting down and watching cartoons till about 10 or 11 then going out and playing! I remember that on Friday before the new seasons of cartoons started that the Networks would premiere the new shows! It was a massive event!!

I have wonderful memories of that time. Both sets of my Grandparents were living including my Great Grandparent's. My cousins were also all my age so it was a blast to go to Grandma's and play!!

I just remember everything being fun and carefree!

LOL! So does that answer your question???

Thanks for a trip down memory lane!

Probably 4. I'd be old enough to not be crapping my pants, but young enough to throw food all over my parents. No school yet, sleep all day, get fed, watch cartoons and get to go to the park if I'm good. And drink chocolate milk til my tummy ached. I'd get to ride in the cart at Wal-Mart and scream for every toy I saw. Yeah, 4 is cool.

I think it's b/c you are old enough to grasp that you are have more freedom than adults- and more outlets for that freedom than young children.

Kind of the na na na na boo boo- ist age of them all.

Originally posted by Fayebelle

Aside from the stay home Moms- I think we grew up in the same neighborhood. :)

Cool!! ;) Those were some awesome times weren't they??

Weird thing is....we all lived in another neighborhood together also, it was like "the first house" neighborhood. As our father's got more successful, we moved into the "must build a new and bigger house" neighborhood. I promise, all the families went from one neighborhood and then built houses in another and moved there....

Now only one family remains in that neighborhood, the other's went on to build bigger houses (the one that remained just added on to theirs and added a swimming pool) and my Daddy went into the ministry (no more big houses!! LOL).....and we moved to VA for 3 years....But those years of 7-9 will always be the BEST!! :D:D

• Author

Is there something wrong with me?

My family tells me that i act childlike! But i tell them iam not trying to act childlike! Its how i been all my life.

Originally posted by mike78207

Is there something wrong with me?

My family tells me that i act childlike! But i tell them iam not trying to act childlike! Its how i been all my life.

How old are you?

If you are taking care of your respondsibilities and aren't hurting anyone....then if you are an adult, it's up to you how you act.....

I'm told I act "youthful".....as long as that doesn't hurt anyone.....I plan on being myself!! :D

a kid them times or now times? :)

I would love to be a kid of about 12-13 too.......I think that's a wonderful age where we are old enough to be independent but still young enough to depend on our parents. Old enough to start having best friends sleep overs and gossiping about eewww.........boys. Play with makeup, and paint toenails, and talk ghost stories. Still old enough to be dropped off at the mall for the movies, and sneak meet the boys there - sigh.