Are interracial relationships like this generally rare across the USA?

Ian Fleming

Are interracial relationships that involve white women with men that aren't black or white generally rare or unheard of across the US?

I ask because I am an indian guy dating a white girl and people let us know that we are an out of the norm kind of couple while my black friends who date white girls do not receive that similar issue. Just looking around in my area I do not see any latinos (non-white), asians, middle eastern, or indian guys with white girls at all. My girlfriend and I are the only kind of couple and people do let us know of that!

Even in a lot of big cities I hear about how it is rare to find men from either of those backgrounds with girls that are white. The reason I care is because I have received a lot of issues for dating a girl that is white and I was wondering if that is one of the reasons as to why I am receiving so much curiosity (both the good and bad kind).

What state are you in?

It is as normal as any other interracial couple dating and I doubt people care one way or the other. Maybe you two get stared at because you both are good looking. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it doesn't bother her don't let it bother you. Just have fun with the girl you love and ignore those people.

• Author
Ian Fleming
What state are you in?

It is as normal as any other interracial couple dating and I doubt people care one way or the other. Maybe you two get stared at because you both are good looking. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it doesn't bother her don't let it bother you. Just have fun with the girl you love and ignore those people.

well the problem is some of those people are aggressive and go out of their way to harass us.

Eddy Street

Black males are still the most common choice for white girls who want to date inter-racially, that's because people like to conform. Same with white guys, if they do date inter-racially it's with Asian women. Again, the need to conform. But people are slowly beginning to look outside the box.

• Author
Ian Fleming
Black males are still the most common choice for white girls who want to date inter-racially, that's because people like to conform. Same with white guys, if they do date inter-racially it's with Asian women. Again, the need to conform. But people are slowly beginning to look outside the box.

Disagree, white men date latinas just as much as asian women.

And I am sure that there are areas of the US where white women dating men that aren't black or white is common so I would like to hear of those areas.

Disagree, white men date latinas just as much as asian women.

And I am sure that there are areas of the US where white women dating men that aren't black or white is common so I would like to hear of those areas.

It's simple:

Major cities, most of the West Coast, Northeast and big college towns = all bets are off. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Any other place? Yeah....good luck. You'll have the Westboro Baptist Church and Tea Party protesting your dates.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ian Fleming
It's simple:

Major cities, most of the West Coast, Northeast and big college towns = all bets are off. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Any other place? Yeah....good luck. You'll have the Westboro Baptist Church and Tea Party protesting your dates.

I've heard that in California, it is common to see latinas date white guys but almost unheard of to see latinos with white girls, how true is this?

GorillaTheater
I've heard that in California, it is common to see latinas date white guys but almost unheard of to see latinos with white girls, how true is this?

It's not true in my part of the world. I see Latino - white woman relationships all the time. It's at least as common as Latina - white man combinations.

• Like 1

White girl living in California married to a Latino here! We exist! No one comments on it or even stares. I've never even thought of it as that unusual.

• Author
Ian Fleming

Carrie, is your boyfriend a white guy with a spanish sounding name or does he actually look latino like wilmer valderrama for example?

I get told I look latino quite a bit and was hoping I could move to the area you guys are at so my girlfriend and I do not face as many issues.

He looks Latino.

We are a few hours from the border, surrounded by military bases, universities, and million dollar houses. There is a lot of diversity by me.

• Author
Ian Fleming
He looks Latino.

We are a few hours from the border, surrounded by military bases, universities, and million dollar houses. There is a lot of diversity by me.

Nice. So are couples like you and your boyfriend just common near the border areas or do they happen in other parts of California too like say Los Angeles for example?

We actually just moved to the state so I'm not sure about Los Angeles. I'm not sure if right near the border is where you want to be either. I'd bet the area between San Diego and Los Angeles would be best for you.

compulsivedancer

I live in the midwest, and we just don't see a lot of Indian people, period. Not that they don't exist. One of the girls that rode my bus in high school was Indian, and I think she dated mostly black guys. She was absolutely gorgeous, and I don't think anyone thought about it. I lived in a much bigger city then. In the large small town that I live in now, most Indians are doctors. The first-generation Indians generally have wives from India, but their kids seem to date whomever (from necessity - there just aren't many other Indians for them to date!).

I think it would seem unusual to meet a first-generation Indian guy with a white girl, but someone without an accent probably wouldn't have many issues with it. The more culturally Indian he was, the more he would have issues, I would guess. There's nothing wrong with being from a different culture, but yes, in strongly conservative areas, the more you stick out, the more trouble you'll have.

Btw, living relatively close to Westboro, they protest frequently in our area. We all hate them, too. Even the conservatives.

• Like 1
Nice. So are couples like you and your boyfriend just common near the border areas or do they happen in other parts of California too like say Los Angeles for example?

My goodness, I lived in L.A. for years and saw this combination often. White girls dating gorgeous latino men.

• Author
Ian Fleming
My goodness, I lived in L.A. for years and saw this combination often. White girls dating gorgeous latino men.

Latino is an ethnicity though, I would not be surprised if you saw some California blondes dating a very white looking latino like say Antonio Banderas or Charlie Sheen for example but if these girls were dating latinos that were actually brown (what people think of when they think latino) like say Mark Sanchez then it would be something that I would consider interracial.

• Author
Ian Fleming

I would like to be in an area where men who aren't black or white are dating white women and no one even cares about it. Most of times from my experience, the interracial couples usually involve white men with asian or latina females and black men with white women (this happens more in working class areas though for some reason). My girlfriend and I are the only couple in my area which involves a guy that isn't black or white with a girl that is white.

I think if we were in an area where say latinos, pacific islanders, asians, arabs, and indians (all men from races which would be perceived as foreign) were dating white women then we wouldn't face much issues at all.

Come to think of it though, in the past when I dated brunettes there were hardly any issues I faced but now that I am with a blonde I do face more issues. That's weird!

Latino is an ethnicity though, I would not be surprised if you saw some California blondes dating a very white looking latino like say Antonio Banderas or Charlie Sheen for example but if these girls were dating latinos that were actually brown (what people think of when they think latino) like say Mark Sanchez then it would be something that I would consider interracial.

I knew of two couples personally and the men were definitely Mexican. They were both brown skinned and hot. Stop worrying so much and just do what you like and forget what other people think. Girls get turned off by men who care what other people think.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ian Fleming
I knew of two couples personally and the men were definitely Mexican. They were both brown skinned and hot. Stop worrying so much and just do what you like and forget what other people think. Girls get turned off by men who care what other people think.

It's hard to do that when there are plenty of confrontations awaiting you and your girlfriend for just being an odd interracial couple. Then not to mention in some places people will exclude you and go out of their way to treat you like dirt, even try to force your girlfriend into breaking up with you. I would like to be in a place where such doesn't happen.

BTW, just two? lol

I'm a Caucasian man dating an Indian woman and we do get the occasional disapproving look, but neither of us care. When we do get those looks it is almost always from an Indian person. We live in a large city where interracial dating is common but even here it seems like Caucasian/Indian matches don't happen very often.

It doesn't matter to me. I date someone because I like them, not due to their race, ethnicity, or culture :)

• Like 1

BTW, just two? lol

Should I know more? The point is such couples do exist and date not caring what others think. I would suggest you do the same if you want to be happy. You will never be able to please everyone. If your girl loves you and doesn't care what others think so should you. Wherever you live sounds like it is full of racist people and I'm sure you two would be much happier in a city like L.A.

• Author
Ian Fleming
I'm a Caucasian man dating an Indian woman and we do get the occasional disapproving look, but neither of us care. When we do get those looks it is almost always from an Indian person. We live in a large city where interracial dating is common but even here it seems like Caucasian/Indian matches don't happen very often.

It doesn't matter to me. I date someone because I like them, not due to their race, ethnicity, or culture :)

Well as an Indian guy, I do notice that a lot of the disapproval that my girlfriend and I get is not from white people but more so from minorities. For some reason, women from minority backgrounds feel that they are entitled to me (especially indian and for some odd reason black women) and cannot deal with the fact that I am dating a girl that is white. Most white guys do not care at all but guys from other minority backgrounds (hispanic, black, asian, and arab/pakistani) get a bit angry at me for it.

Quite a few aggressively flirt with my girlfriend and even start grabbing her because they see it as some sign of "well she is dating an indian guy which means she loves all minorities".

It isn't attracting girls that I have found hard, it is the many confrontations and issues that I get from strangers for being with my girlfriend which has made it tough for relationships at times.