Who are middle adulthood men seeking in an LTR: an attractive face or attractive body

If middle adulthood men had to choose a LTR between:

a woman who had an attractive face to him, but a body that didn't turn him on

OR

a woman with a face that didn't turn him on, but has a body that was very attractive to him

Consider all other factors between the women were equal (her character, personality, health, age, education, career, income, social standing, background, and her interest in him, etc.). Who would a mid adulthood man most likely select for a LTR: a woman with an attractive face or a woman with an attractive body?

Edited by Col1
shortened
  • Author

I think older men are attracted to women's faces more than their bodies. Maybe even outweighs other factors in the original post.

For me only (I wont speak for other men)

Her face...nice smile, bright eyes in particular (some wrinkles ok). Middle age is not the time to focus completely on the body.

And other traits are very important like character and positive energy (but you asked me to choose between only two variables)

Of course we assume we are talking a middle aged man going after a middle aged woman..:eek:

• Like 2
FortunateSon

Speaking superficially, for me it's face. You can lose weight or get in shape....it's hard to fix ugly ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Speaking superficially, for me it's face. You can lose weight or get in shape....it's hard to fix ugly ;)

Not anymore :laugh:

Even a light switch or eyelids work well in a pinch.;)

Tho it must be said my ex bro in law went for psycho bunny boilers with hot bods....so that's the end of my official data.

I see it the other way. If it's so easy why haven't they done something yet. Barring some major trama more folks can cosmetically bring a face up to a standard over the long run than can physically bring a body up through lifestyle changes which for most are temporary.

• Like 1

In reality...

There's a lot of fat people out there. Years later, they are usually even fatter. Can they get in shape? Absolutely. Will they get in shape? Very unlikely.

Women with great bodies....I don't think I have ever personally seen a woman with a great body that didn't also have an attractive enough face. Being lean and smiling will do a lot to improve your face.

I have seen overweight women with faces that would be attractive if they weren't fat. Your face is not separate from your body. You gain weight there too and it makes your face less appealing.

The woman I go for will be fit and will stay that way. Yes, this is possible. No, I would not abandon her if years later she didn't stay fit. However, I firmly believe I can recognize women that will get fat and ones that won't. Staying fit is not that difficult.

• Like 3

Body over face. For me personally. But as you can see from the answers in this thread it depends on the person. So, really, no need to worry.

In general though, I'd guess that people that focus on maintaining a great body will be more focused on the body of the opposite sex.

Body hands down. I took my lumps for the team in the past. Was with a girl who was "big boned" but not fat. She slimmed down liked the attention she started getting, cheated on me and dumped me. Dated a few girls who were actually quite fat. One became a jerry springer episode and they both turned out to be married (3 strikes for fat girls cheating in my experience). My recent ex was slim when i met her, and gained a lot of weight and was miserable and couldnt actually do anything.

The girls with the hot bodies i dated or was in relationships with certainly had their own issues, but at least i was feeling like a million bucks with them.

• Like 1

Both. A pretty face is a must. As far as body, I go from thin to curvy, but not overweight. Too many girls today claim to be curvy and when you meet them they are obese.

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

I think this is a difficult question without being able to see the women in question, but I think generally men fall for women based on their "beauty" and most men look at that as a whole package rather than just the face/body.

But If you're talking only being able to choose from those two, I'd choose the woman with a more healthy body. It doesn't take any effort to have a beautiful face, you're either born with it or not...but if it's a woman that is health conscience and disciplined, that is much more important to me than if she just looks pretty in the face.

So I would technically choose B, assuming this was based on the health of the woman. Especially at middle-aged and up, where some of her bad health habits and such can catch up with her..last thing I need is a practically disabled and immobile SO due to her own life choices...no thanks.

Edited by Ninjainpajamas

I'll take option B, given the two opposing options. There was a post here recently from someone quoting a UK survey on this topic where something like a whopping 75% preferred body over face, which surprised me a little. Maybe in slimmer countries of Europe, guys would choose a pretty face more. I would suspect for guys in their 20s, facial beauty will count for more but as guys start to get to mid 30s+ a sexy physique will count for more...as per what NIP wrote. As you get older everybody starts to get wrinkles and less youthful luster. A huge % of people also get a slobby/chunky or outwrite fat body. There is greater ability for an older woman to maintain sex appeal and also good health (imo) by looking after her body more so than just focusing on her anti-aging cremes & more makeup. When it comes to bedroom gymnastics, it the woman's physique and moves (and lusty attitude) rather than her face that inspires my boner.

I'd like to see a female survey on the same topic. I think it would not differ from men too much.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

I think it's a trade off between face and body. There is great body, OK body, meh body, gross body. Same for face.

So far, for me, as a middle aged man, it's been the smell/aura thing more than discernible features so YMMV.