Seeking advice over past /current interest who's been on my mind

hey everyone.

okay 2 years ago i met and had a great relationship with someone. He was everything i never thought of a genuine man. We are both in our mid twenties. To get to the point something personal had happened to both of us and i became depressed. So, I ended the relationship with a hope all goes well and don't try to contact me. Well recently i took the chance of talking to him since i still pondered the thought :what if i wish i hadn't done that feeling.

He responded the next day to me saying he was happy to hear from me. I don't know whether he meant that or was just trying to be nice. I have told him how I am nervous talking to him 1- we chat online he doesn't have phone,

2-you can't really get the tone of what messgae look like can't see emotions on a computer

he said i had no reason o feel nervous since he-was 6k miles away , no offense but even if he was in my face i would still be nervous

Anyways he is now in iraq. he hasn't brought up anything of how i broke things up. We'v had the casual how have you been sounds like your doing good conversations. But, today i emailed him and said i want to mention some thing s about the past and i don't know if you want to talk about it since you haven't mentioned anything of that , but if you don't thats' ok we can just chit chat . but before i sent the msg to him he got offline.

I am leaving it to him as in the ball is in his court cause i don't want to chase him , and above all i don't know i mean he could have someone in his life now, i don't know what made him respond to my call i mean it's been 2 years and i just would like some advice.

thank you.

• Author

well, we dated were very close and everything was great until i went to the doctor and found out i have genital herpes. So, i confronted him while he was in egypt. And i emailed him he called me and we discussed what i found . He was okay he said about 80% have it but i broke down and was so depressed. But since he was in the army i didn't know what he felt and he never really stated it , but showed emotions. So, one day i emailed him going you should move on forget about me and do what you enjoy work and all that you are involved with. And just recently I found his info and had the courage to confront cause since then i have regretted about to email us quitting our communications. So, thats the round about it story.

Thanks for that info. It is personal. So you said it happened to both of you. Who gave it to who? Did whoever have it first inform the other? Or did they not know? He meant 80% have herpes. HSV-1, usualy oral herpes, aka cold sores. A less percentage have genital herpes.

If he is telling you to move on then you should. He is in Iraq and no telling when he will come back. You should listen to him, because it probably means he would do the same thing if he were you.

Chris

• Author

well i confronted him so he gave it to me cause i was always healthy and got tested. But i am the one that cutt ff communication and no wi started talkng with him again,