weird photo activity with ex on facebook?

Heya, so not sure if this is the right topic for this question but its sorta bugging me.

So I had this boyfriend. We broke up about two years ago and while things were a bit shady for a little while after, we are friends now. I have accepted this, although I think in a way I will always have feelings for him. But its not an issue I have to deal with anymore because we live in two separate countries (it was a Long Distance Relationship).

Anyway, earlier this year he came to visit me on route home from another overseas trip. We enjoyed a good week together, I guess it brought feelings back a little, and stuff did happen, but he was only here a week and there was no talk of rekindling, which is fine.

Anyway, we took some photos of our week together and when he got home he posted a few on facebook. Nothing suss, just photos of us hanging out, having fun. Was kinda nice and quite a lot of his friends were 'liking' the album.

That was over a month ago and the post has moved well down his page by now. We havent talked in a little while and I guess we are both back to reality and wrapped up in our own lives.

Soooo the thing that is bugging me is this. Just tonight I was procrastinating and browsing through old photos and have noticed that at some point recently he has gone back and changed the privacy settings of those photos from our week together last month, so now the only friends of his that can see it (if they go to the effort of searching down his page for it!) are me, his best mate, his mum, and his ex girlfriend (from before me so one he had three years ago)??

I just find this really strange and wondering if anyone would have any insights into why he would do this now...especially after a lot of his other friends and family would have originally already seen this post?

I know its probably a stupid question, Im just curious I guess...

Standard-Fare

It's not even worth responding to your Facebook-related question. The bigger point is, you are very clearly still hung up on this guy, and you're only hurting yourself by a) allowing him to slip back into your life/bed for one week only b) stalking him online.

• Author

Well no I wasnt stalking. Didnt even need to go to his page to notice this because I was looking through my own photos I was tagged in on my page. He happened to tag me in them when he originally posted them.

And im just curious. Its not something I need to know, im not planning to bring this up with friends and family or anyone, but I figured if there was any place to ask, thats what these forums are for arent they?

Standard-Fare

Analyzing someone's Facebook metrics = paying too close attention to them. Especially if they're an ex you're supposedly over.

I'm not attacking you or judging you... just saying, your post raises a much bigger issue than this specific Facebook question.

• Like 1
organizedchaos

He's started seeing someone new and doesn't want her to get the wrong impression or know about his visit with you.

• Like 2
eye of the storm

I do agree you are worrying to much about someone else's FB. But...Ill answer the question you asked.

Occasionally people modify or play with their security settings. Either because they haven't done it for awhile (or ever) or because something changed. I do it when I need to. My mom is queen of playing with her settings. she does it all the time. My daughter needs to do it but will not. My son occasionally will adjust his depending on his mood. Full range of privacy setting habits in one small family.

I just find this really strange and wondering if anyone would have any insights into why he would do this now...especially after a lot of his other friends and family would have originally already seen this post?

I know its probably a stupid question, Im just curious I guess...

It certainly isn't something I would wonder unless he was my boyfriend....

He has an eye on someone and doesn't want to give her the wrong impression. When I was in his situation in the past I simply removed the photos, at least he kept them I suppose.

There is no way to know exactly what is in his head/going on why he would do that.

But what is for sure is that for whatever reason he only wants those particular people to be able to see it and doesn't want it for public consumption. Maybe he's dating someone new and doesn't want her to see pictures of him and another woman/his ex looking chummy? Maybe it's for some other reason, but all guesses would be mere speculation and could be waaaaay off base.

Why does it bother you?