I have been seeing my boyfriend for a year and three months and we still haven't said "I love you" to each other? Is that normal?

I mean I really do appreciate him. He is actually my first real long relationship. So I'm taking this slowly with him. But a lot of people have been asking me why we don't even say I love you when we get off the phone or when we say goodbye. I mean I know I shouldn't be pressured by others but it got me thinking. How do I know if this is really love?

Gah I can go on and on about him. We understand each other are very honest. So if I go out and do something like dance with a guy or go out with a friend he'd ask me why instead of getting jealous. We feel that we are growing and maturing a lot from this relationship. And I can't even explain the fact that we understand each other and can finish each other sentences so often. It's just sooo weird. I appreciate him. His my best friend. The only one who has understood me and the only one I can me be my truly self around. Like I said I could go on. Lol

Anyways I just wanted input? What is love? When is it time to say? Is it okay if I a girl say it first? Is it a bad sign? Anything would do to help me? :)

Normal is a loaded word. Don't worry about what's "normal". Worry about what feels natural to you.

Have you ever said I love you to anyone? If not, that explains the time lapse.

How do you feel? If you feel love, it's OK to say it. If you don't or aren't sure, better not to force the subject.

• Like 1

That seems like a long time to not say those words, but what do I know? I blurted it out after a month with my current boyfriend, lol. Love is hard to explain in words. Do you put his happiness before your own? When you picture the future, do you see him in it? Would you do anything to put a smile on his face? Do you do everything in your power to keep from causing him pain? If you said yes, then you're probably in love. I wouldn't tell him that you love him unless you're absolutely sure that you are. If that point ever comes, don't be afraid to tell him. You've been together long enough that those words shouldn't scare him off. If they do, perhaps you need to re-evaluate the relationship.

I can't tell you what is considered "normal" since every relationship is different. With my longest relationship and first love, he told me he loved me after 2 weeks. And we said it alllll the time. With my current boyfriend, we say it maybe once a day, if that. But that doesn't mean that I loved my ex more or anything. I agree with D0nnovain...don't make a big deal about the 'L' word just because of what other people think about it. It's your relationship, not theirs.

I thought this was going to be, another penis size thread based on the subject!

I don't think there is a normal; we are all different. If you want to say it, say it.