my boyfriend is very stubborn

I am from India I have a dream since my childhood,,to persue MS and settle in foreign,,but when I was in 12th standard I felt love for one guy and we are still together(10yrs) He doesnt want to go to foreign so I didtn went for MS...recently our marrriage has been fixed but my dream is still not filfulled <,i am feeling most unlucky person in this world..I told my partner that I want to go to foreign lets go and settle there..he is saying if u wil not go there wll your life end why are u so stubborn on going there,,unless you act being so stubborn and acting as if there is no life unless u go there I wil not take you there..

Its the only dream i ever had and he is not allowing me to fulfill my dreams which is making me more depressed,,its effecting out relationship also,,i am not happy right now.

what shal i do,,how to let go of my dreams and live happily,,please help

I agree. If you can't pursue your passion, and also be with him, you may not actually be compatible. There are a lot of things that need to be aligned for long-term compatibility, and career and place-of-residency are very important on this list. You wouldn't (or shouldn't) marry someone who wanted kids if you didn't; you shouldn't marry him if you can't work this out either.

The main thing you should do is talk it out, and let him know that it is so important to you. If absolutely nothing works, but you still want to try, you can try giving him an ultimatum, as a last resort.

• Like 1