Picking Something Else Over You

I have never wanted to date a guy that drinks, smokes, or does drugs. They don't have to be Straight Edge but that would be nice. Anyway the guys I have been with over the years were into these things and stopped because of me, and I mean stopped 100%.

But with my ex of 3 years ago, that lasted 3 years, we tried working things out but he wanted to drinking, drugs, smoking, party lifestyle over me.

Why would someone choose something whether it'd be this or something else over the person they truly say they love and care for?

It's not that he chose those things over you. It's that you tried to make him change into someone he wasn't. If you want someone with certain values than choose someone who already has those values. Don't ever choose someone thinking you can change them.

• Like 6

Been there and done that.. see my previous threads and it's basically what you have just described.

My ex chose weed and pills over me on two separate occasions. I was basically crying and he left me to go buy them.

We haven't been together for 2 months now but I know he still loves me, he tells me he is sorry and wants to work things out and he still loves me. My friend also tells me he cries a lot at work. He can quite easily move on too or find another GF he's good looking and charming enough and I know he gets some rebound offers.

He's young and stupid, he needs to get it out of his system.. but I'm not going to wait around for that and i'm done trying to change him.

• Author

Yeah my ex just bothered me being mean after our break up and then moved on finding new GF's. Now he's with a GF expecting a baby and marriage. I've tried moving on and getting a new BF but he hasn't arrived yet.