forever single?

hello all,

I am so depressed. I have never been in a loving relationship with a man at my age (nearly 24). I am so jealous of people around me who have someone who cares about them like that. I don't know why opportunities don't present themselves to me. I am fed up. I like to act like the strong, independent woman who does not need a man, because deep down, I know I won't find one. Even if I do find one, I don't think he will be a good guy. I'll probably end up with someone who is very domineering. Or maybe he will cheat on me....

I'm so depressed. I can't believe no one loves me (I don't have close friends, only superficial ones, and it's not great with my family).

I long to have my own family, a husband that will worship me (please don't take it in a bad way), and above all, kids, I will love and who will love me.

onceagainitson

You can be in jail and this would be the last thing you think about it. Just realize you have be dependent on yourself and understand that you don't need anyone to make you whole, you have your own self. Why rely on someone else to fill the wholes in your spirit, you shouldn't depend on anyone but yourself.

I'm so depressed. I can't believe no one loves me

Babe you have to step outside your comfort zone.

You have the perfect ID - Make It Happen!

Got any hobbies?

What do you like to do for fun?

Find a group with similar tastes, join in, get socialized...

What are you doing to meet men? Are you putting yourself out there?

You have to take chances.

I feel the same way... Like the feeling that I'm never going to meet anyone. And I've been out there for dates, but just didn't pan out. It sucks being single when all your friends have bfs, it's lonely.

But I've just started to give up "finding" love. The more you look for it, the more it won't come to you. I've started just to do the things I love, and if there's someone there, there is, but if there's not, I am perfectly fine being single.

Being single means you get to date other men, have them chase you and not have any responsibility. It may sound kinda irresponsible, but it's a huge ego-booster.

Try going out on a date, have a man pursue you, you will feel better.

Then maybe you'll start to believe that you are worth loving :)

I like to act like the strong, independent woman who does not need a man, because deep down, I know I won't find one. Even if I do find one, I don't think he will be a good guy. I'll probably end up with someone who is very domineering. Or maybe he will cheat on me....

. I can't believe no one loves me

Read those two statements again. If you can't see the relationship between those two thought processes then my suggestion to seek the assistance of a counselor who can help you sort through all your self-esteem and distrust issues.

You are setting yourself up for failure by trying to avoid failure.

If you think you are undeserving of a decent person then in your convoluted mind, any guy that does show an interest in you, you automatically suspect he is a bad person and you treat him and avoid him as such.

Your roadblocks lay within yourself. You are your own worst enemy when it comes to finding love. For some reason you have a low opinion of yourself and thus believe that no one would rightly love and no one will treat you decently so you suspect people and hold them at arms length thus keeping the things you want away from yourself.

Your efforts to keep yourself from getting hurt are keeping you from loving others and thus keeping you from being loved.

The good news is since the problem lies within yourself, so too does the solution. You will likely need the help of professional therapist to help you sort everything out and come up with a plan to get you back on track.