Random Instant Message...your opinion?

savethedrama4allama

So I'm on IM and this dude messages me out of nowhere. Says he found my profile on yahoo's directory and is looking to meet people in our area because he just moved here. He told me that he is married and his profile says he is in his late 20's.

We chatted casually but I was careful with my personal info. At first I thought it might be someone I know playing a joke or trying to trick me, but he gave a lot of information for it to all be made up. He asked me multiple times to meet for lunch, I gave excuses a few times but finally today told him that I would not meet him for lunch because it made me uncomfortable. His tone changed, I think he was offended. He reiterated that he is married and it is not "like that."

Is this crap? Is he cruising for a$$ or is he just desperate for a friend? My optimistic and pessimistic sides are battling here.

A married man trying to meet women and not saying "My wife and I would like to have lunch" is never good, my friend.

Even if he says his wife and he are wanting lunch, then there's the likelihood you are in for a proposal of a threesome.

He can meet people the old fashioned way or not at all. Maybe I'm just an extreme skeptic, but I guarantee he's going to hit on you and say "you knew I was married, and came anyhow, you must just want a casual affair as much as I do"

The_Analyzer

I would be very careful of that. He just imed you, doesn't know you, is married, but wants to meet you for lunch? That doesn't sound just right to me. Its possible that he wants to meet as friends, however you just never know these days what peoples intensions are. Looks to me like if he is married and wanted to meet friends, him and his wife could go out and meet people. I bet his wife doesn't know he imed you, asking you out for lunch. Just be careful. Good luck.

How is it that the word 'married' does not stop people immediately? :eek:

What the &^%$ is going on these days?

Why would you not tell him to get lost immediately?????

I definitely don't belong on this planet. :confused:

savethedrama4allama

Moi, Just because he is married doesn't mean that he can't have and make friends of the opposite sex. I am attached myself so I never considered any hanky-panky and he says that he is in the same mindset.

However, the way he went about it seemed fishy to me, out of curiosity I wanted to know what everyone thought.

I did tell him to get lost by telling him I won't ever meet him for lunch. I imagined if some girl IMed my significant other out of the blue and he met her for lunch. Married or not, I wouldn't like it...so I am not going to do it to him, regardless of the guy's intentions.

Moi, Just because he is married doesn't mean that he can't have and make friends of the opposite sex

Agreed, but doing so by checking out Yahoo profiles and IMing women privately? Not really the way a married man ought to be going about making new friends, I'm thinking.

DerangedAngel
Agreed, but doing so by checking out Yahoo profiles and IMing women privately? Not really the way a married man ought to be going about making new friends, I'm thinking.

Yes, definitely not the way to go about it. The guy sounds creepy. Just block him.

-Deranged