Online dating pictures

How many pictures do you think the average woman goes through before she is satisfied with posting it to her online dating profile, vs how many a guy does? In other words if a woman has to take self pics… Do they go through a bunch of them before they are satisfied with something they can use? I would think most guys probably don't put as near as much effort into their photos as most women do.

It worth it to spend some time on this. I had 7 to 8 pics on my profile. I took the best ones from vacations, business trips, you name it. I took a few selfies, and asked a friend who is a great photographer to snap a good shot. The result...I went on dates and heard the same thing over and over. Women prefer to see multiple pics over the one picture guys. They like to see you standing up, up close (not too close though), doing something funny is ok.

Make sure they are recent and represent the real you...imagine going on a date with a woman whose profile pic was 5 years old...people can dramatically change in 3 months. You can imagine what can happen in five years!

• Like 1

I cannot tell your the exact figures but the number of pictures taken by women should be much more than the number of pictures taken by men.

• Author
It worth it to spend some time on this. I had 7 to 8 pics on my profile. I took the best ones from vacations, business trips, you name it. I took a few selfies, and asked a friend who is a great photographer to snap a good shot. The result...I went on dates and heard the same thing over and over. Women prefer to see multiple pics over the one picture guys. They like to see you standing up, up close (not too close though), doing something funny is ok.

Make sure they are recent and represent the real you...imagine going on a date with a woman whose profile pic was 5 years old...people can dramatically change in 3 months. You can imagine what can happen in five years!

I didn't realize I asked for advice on how to make my profile stand out. I really wonder if people even pay attention to the questions posted on here.

From my experience, guys could use a second opinion from a woman before posting online dating pics. I have seen countless photos of selfies taken from below their necks with big frowns on their faces. And I prefer a (well shot) face photo as the main photo. I've considered starting a biz to help men with choosing online dating photos.

Women? While I personally don't cruise women's dating photos, I believe we may just be more aware of which photos of us are more attractive. I've got photos with my hair up and down, and photos of me with make-up and without. I believe in truth in advertising. :-)

loads if the selfies people put up on facebook are anything to go by!

I scroll down my feed and im like 'who's that?' cause they look nothing like what I know them to look like :laugh:

I don't get the whole 'selfie in the mirror' thing, I've never done it myself, why do people do it when they could just use pictures other people have taken of them that are more natural and less staged?

• Author

I've sent messages to women out of my area, and asked opinions of my pics. I also told them to be honest!

Out of the 30 or so messages, about 23 replied, saying my pics look good, a few even told me they found me attractive.

Yet when I try to get a date with local women, they have commented that my pics look bad, they are blurry, or too dark.

Two Totally different opinions on the same set of pics. So I have no clue who is telling the truth.

• Author

I don't get the whole 'selfie in the mirror' thing, I've never done it myself, why do people do it when they could just use pictures other people have taken of them that are more natural and less staged?

I think it's been about 10 years since anyone has taken a pic of me.

I haven't looked at many female profiles when I was online dating as I'm female/straight myself, but it's obvious women pay more attention to their profile pictures than men do.

It's not that the men look bad in their pics, it's rather the types of pics they use. I am always put off by the ones who use pictures of themselves surrounded by women, or the ones who post pictures of their kids - which is just inappropriate given the nature of some dating sites. If you've got kids just say it on your profile and wait until you're chatting with a woman before you show her pics like that. Oh, and the abs/six pack pictures, honestly, they're a dime a dozen on dating sites, especially the mainstream ones, six packs are attractive in, say, a beach or swimming pool picture... but they're trashy and chavvy looking when they're taken as selfies in the bathroom or something, and they blatantly scream or at the very least give the strong impression that: "I'm just here to hook-up", regardless of what the profile says.

I think it's been about 10 years since anyone has taken a pic of me.

Go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap digital camera with a timer. Then shoot away and pick the five best shots.