sleep with a friend?

headinclouds

is it wrong of me to want to sleep with a good friend?

we've both been single for a long time, we know eachother so well, we almost dated twice before and there's still major flirting...

if i asked him to do a friends with benefits thing, could that work between two good friends??

i dunno...

would any of you ask a friend to do that? or has anyone done that with a good friend and was there a chance of losing a friend because of it?

-jessie

birdstealingbread

Nothing "wrong" as long as you would both think it through and set up clear boundaries with each other. I know friends with benefits usually goes bad cos one gets too involved or breaks other rules they'd originally set. If you think you can do it without damaging the friendship - or are willing to risk - then, I would say, go for it.

After mine ended we didn't talk for awhile cos he thought I'd liked him too well and obviously, that wasn't part of the deal. (He always refuses to believe girls aren't positively infatuated with him.) :rolleyes: Then...some weeks later, we suddenly began talking again, perfectly normally, but neither of us has ever brought it up, so it's rather like it never even happened. I don't think this is usual...just my experience.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Things could change, more than likely they will, and possibly for the worse, one of you will develop feelings deeper than the other. That's usually how it goes.

But then again, it could work out just fine.

I have never known the F-Friend thing (Friend with Benefits, if you want to put it nicer) to work out. One person always develops feelings for other other. Oddly enough, the two people who enter into a F-Friends deal do not want a relationship, but the arrangement that comes out of it actually is a relationship, and all of the stresses and responsibilities of a relationship come with it.

People are weird.

• Author
headinclouds

Well, I'm guessing that maybe it would be a wrong move then.... it seems like a friends-with-benefits situation tends to go wrong for one reason or another and in order to keep that good friendship going, i shouldn't propose it.

many thanks for the replies.

Completely your choice.

BUT make sure you both want this and that you've both talked about it.... :)

I personally wouldn't mess with such a great friendship... if things don't work out, the chances are that you might lose the friendship.... which would suck big time!

So make sure you think it through. :)

Love TreeGirl

xoxo

Personally if i took your post right you can't attach a sexual relationship with a friend. Those things are never gonna work out and are going to hurt each other in the process. Even if you think it will work out it most likely will not.

-Ben