Are women ever really single anymore? like single single

I mean like really single, by themselves, not seeing anyone at all.

Seems for the longest time, that most girls I meet or know as friends, even if they are single, they are hooking up with someone, casually seeing someone, or talking to someone new. I mean, a lot of girls wont generally admit it, but having good chick friends is an eye opener into the lives of certain women.

Its a rarity to see guys have the same sort of single life. And tbh, it makes me expect a girl I take interest in to already have a dude on the side. I mean it seems like even the goodie goodie girls I know are weighing options around them.

eye opener really.

• Like 5
dreamingoftigers

Yes there are totally single women. Lots in fact.

Look specifically for them and you will find them

• Like 2
CrystalCastles

Well I'm a totally single woman. But I can't seem to find a totally single man. Men seem to be always sleeping around, having FWBs, etc etc.

So it goes both ways really.

• Like 20
BrandonMarshall
I mean like really single, by themselves, not seeing anyone at all.

Seems for the longest time, that most girls I meet or know as friends, even if they are single, they are hooking up with someone, casually seeing someone, or talking to someone new. I mean, a lot of girls wont generally admit it, but having good chick friends is an eye opener into the lives of certain women.

Its a rarity to see guys have the same sort of single life. And tbh, it makes me expect a girl I take interest in to already have a dude on the side. I mean it seems like even the goodie goodie girls I know are weighing options around them.

eye opener really.

Yes there are SINGLE girls not casually dating guys...

but think of it this way... women have sexual desires too and an attractive woman gets approached 10+ times a day.

If your game is right you can sweet a woman off her feet and get her focused on YOU.

but honestly until you're in a RELATIONSHIP... who she's hooking up with is none of your business... and if you try to intrude into her business then you'll find trouble dating women.

• Like 8
what_a_blonde
Yes there are SINGLE girls not casually dating guys...

but think of it this way... women have sexual desires too and an attractive woman gets approached 10+ times a day.

If your game is right you can sweet a woman off her feet and get her focused on YOU.

but honestly until you're in a RELATIONSHIP... who she's hooking up with is none of your business... and if you try to intrude into her business then you'll find trouble dating women.

Well said.

Why exactly does it bother you so much?

And yes there have been times when I had absolutely no guy in my life. You will find that most attractive women usually have a guy or two they are at least flirting with. And I don't understand why they shouldn't.

• Like 4
fortyninethousand322

I figure it's like finding a job: it's always easier and better to have some income coming in between really good jobs.

It's a highly romantic notion that someone would be single in between relationships. But romance is dead. Died sometime around the AFL-NFL merger...

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322
So basically you're upset that chicks are acting like guys?

Sounds totally depressing and overly simplistic.

Well, it's only some chicks and some guys.

There's a lot of us people who are lucky to get a date every two years. Casual hookups and flings are pipe dreams...

• Like 4

I spent most of my adult life single. From 2007 until this year I did not have a boyfriend, and the majority of the 6 years was spent being celibate. I had one guy that I saw for a while but ended things in 2010 when I realized he was never going to want a relationship.

I have a boyfriend now, but I legitimately spent the majority of my adult life totally and completely single and alone. Years of celibacy and no emotional attachments with others

• Like 6
Eternal Sunshine

I am always single and never single at the same time. I define single as not being in a relationship. But I am usually casually seeing someone...I just can't find the right guy to commit to :( I would definetely like that at this point.

I am always single and never single at the same time. I define single as not being in a relationship. But I am usually casually seeing someone...I just can't find the right guy to commit to :( I would definetely like that at this point.

I don't see how "the right" guy would accept a girl that is always casually "seeing someone". But that's just me and I might be from bizarro world or something because most girls seem to be like you, so that must be the norm now.

• Like 4
  • Author
Why exactly does it bother you so much?

And yes there have been times when I had absolutely no guy in my life. You will find that most attractive women usually have a guy or two they are at least flirting with. And I don't understand why they shouldn't.

Not interested in a woman currently getting railed by some dude. Would you be interested in a guy currently screwing some chick?

I don't mind if they're just flirting with someone but it's still kind of a turnoff to be chasing a woman who's always got someone else as a back burner.

• Like 3
Eternal Sunshine
I don't see how "the right" guy would accept a girl that is always casually "seeing someone". But that's just me and I might be from bizarro world or something because most girls seem to be like you, so that must be the norm now.

I would stop all that right away if I met the right guy. That's just a time filler until then. Am I supposed to become a nun? It takes me YEARS to meet someone right for a relationship :rolleyes:

Eternal Sunshine
Avg woman gets married at about 25ish btw. I wouldn't say your situation is typical

Def not. I am not your typical woman either :)

• Author
So basically you're upset that chicks are acting like guys?

Sounds totally depressing and overly simplistic.

I hate how guys are always stereotyped as being this way, when plenty of women are the this way. Nevermind the fact that guys don't have the same options as these women. But hey if girls wanna go around using the tired stereotype that guys get around like that, I guess I might just start doing that.

• Like 2
I would stop all that right away if I met the right guy. That's just a time filler until then. Am I supposed to become a nun? It takes me YEARS to meet someone right for a relationship :rolleyes:

Nah, you keep doing what you're doing. It seems to be working and you got many more years to keep doing what you're doing. Surely things will work out if you keep doing what you're doing.

Me personally, I would never ever put up with that mentality. How can a guy even respect that.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322

There is an easy way to solve this little dilemma: don't ask about sexual or relationship history. Heck don't even ask about current relationship status unless it comes up naturally. Then, you can pretend you're the only person in her life and live in total bliss.

Not interested in a woman currently getting railed by some dude. Would you be interested in a guy currently screwing some chick?

I don't mind if they're just flirting with someone but it's still kind of a turnoff to be chasing a woman who's always got someone else as a back burner.

Sure, but then again I don't have the insecurities and hangups you do. Once we go on a few dates and decide to be exclusive then yes I wouldn't accept him having other women.

• Like 3
I hate how guys are always stereotyped as being this way, when plenty of women are the this way. Nevermind the fact that guys don't have the same options as these women. But hey if girls wanna go around using the tired stereotype that guys get around like that, I guess I might just start doing that.

I don't mean to be rude. But that was a bit my point. You're stereotyping women to be that way aren't you?

It doesn't sound like you are very happy. I don't think you should worry. There is a right girl around the corner. And it won't matter if she's seeing anyone else. Because she'll pick you :)

• Like 1

Totally totally single here, not even flirting with anyone.

Have been since April when I ended a 7 month relationship.

I have a male friend who is literally just a male friend - he is with someone. Currently an older married man is calling me all kinds of names as he has made the assumption that my friend is more than just a friend.

I have no idea why the guy is doing this but it's been going on for a few months now.