Meet silence with silence?

Hello,

I'm 28 but really pretty new to the dating (been too career and travel focused) world so any helpful advice would be great :-)

I met a really nice man through admittedly, online dating. We have been on 8 dates over 6 weeks and they have all been really long, fun dates which were typically planned by him, but was usually me travelling to him. We have a lot of the same interests and there are some sparks.

Problem is, that as much as he hasn't been much of a communicator when I'm not with him (lucky to get one text a day), it's been 5 days since I last sent him a text and I've not had a reply.

I don't know if this is him breaking away in a silent way and whether I should just bow out gracefully, send a general 'hey, how's your day' style text and pretend the silence hasn't happened, or confront him on what's wrong.

I know I should probably just take the hint that if a guy isn't texting me it's because he doesn't want to, but I really quite liked this guy, and am a little worried that maybe my attempts not to be too overly clingy have made me appear uninterested.

Any suggestions? Thanks... And enjoy your weekends!

Just text him again, see what happens. If your appearing disinterested put him off maybe it will show him you are interested.

If he genuinely isn't texting you back because he isn't interested then really why care what he will think.

You don't have to 'save face' in situations like this.

• Author

Thank you for the advice... so I messaged, and he's said he's not yet ready for a relationship which is where he could see things heading. Its a reals ahem from my perspective, but have to respect his views.

Thanks again x