LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Defending your girl frirnds honer

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2004, 12:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by caz_cheer_jenn
And I repeat....IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT HE SAID, SAY SO!!! Stand up for YOURSELF, don't expect your b/f to. If, after you stand up for yourself and the little bastard says something else to you, then yes, your b/f should step in and tell him to knock it off. But at least show a little bit of backbone before you go running to him for support. In my experience, guys don't like helpless girls.
Expecting her bf to stand up for her does NOT mean that she was not able to stand up for herself, or that she does not have a backbone or went running to anyone.

Read her post again. Her bf's brother called her a name. Her bf SHOULD have at least said "hey, don't call my gf a xxxxx" and shown her that much respect.
HokeyReligions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2004, 8:39 PM   #17
Established Member

Re: Defending your girl frirnds honer

Quote:
Originally posted by 0cool
[color=blue][/color]

my girl friend is mad at me because i let her son in law call her a bitch . he left befor i could do any thing, now she does not want any thing to do with me .what shoud i do go kick his ass now or what

If she really cares about you she would not put you in that position.

If you witnessed the incident I think it's fine for you to tell him something, but there's no need for you to have a fist fight with this man.

Personally, when there are family problems like that I try not to get involved because in the end they will be ok with each other and I will be the one that feels out of place. That's HER son-in-law she should know how to defend herself and not put herself in a position to be called a b*tch in the first place.
Old 3rd August 2004, 3:16 AM   #18
Established Member

caz_cheer_jenn, I think you quoted from my post, like HokeyReligions said

Quote:
Expecting her bf to stand up for her does NOT mean that she was not able to stand up for herself, or that she does not have a backbone or went running to anyone.

Read her post again. Her bf's brother called her a name. Her bf SHOULD have at least said "hey, don't call my gf a xxxxx" and shown her that much respect.
My BF's brother was way out of line, and I'm no weak lady trust me. I stood up for mself but maturely without saying anything out of order. He still continued to attack me and my BF sat there. So before you start giving me advice like HR said read the post properly please and don't make assumptions that I have no back bone.

Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2004, 10:31 AM   #19
Established Member

Oh calm down, you're missing my point.

My point continues to be that a person should stick up for themselves first, before expecting others to do so. It's not a bad thing to want your b/f to tell his brother to shut his mouth, but AFTER you have had a chance to say something yourself. If, after you have said something in your own defense and that person continues to be rude or try to insitgate things, your b/f should step in and say something. Personally, I would be annoyed if my b/f jumped right in before I had a chance to say something to the other person...almost as if he assumed I could not handle it on my own.
caz_cheer_jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 3:33 AM   #20
Established Member

Yes I understand your point although I think your second post was without reading my post properly.

I completely agree with you and yes everyone should stand up for themselves and stick up for ehat they beleive to be right and wrong.
LikkleMissConfused is offline   Reply With Quote