We fell in love while abroad. Just a "Spring Fling"? I need to know!

I met this guy while I was abroad in Germany, and we ended up traveling together throughout Europe for 2 months and fell in love.

When the 2 months were over, I had to go back home, and he remained abroad for an additional month before returning to the same state that we both live in now. However, he lives about a 6 hour drive away.

We haven't talked about the relationship we had, and if anything will ever happen again, and it's been months since we were together. I am still completely in love with this guy, he was everything I could ask for in a guy. But is it over? I can't just ask him, because it would be too awkward. I think about him daily... I don't know what to do..

How can I know if he is thinking the same thing, or if it is just time to let it all go...

Chances are that he's got reservations about continuing the relationship since you live so far away. 6 hours is a substantial barrier. Then, too, you're both fairly young, and that's a barrier too.

It's not a question of whether he's ready to get married, but of whether he'd be willing to give up present, live girls for a long-distance relationship with you OR willing to rearrange his life to live near you so that distance wasn't a factor anymore. Both of these would mean a big commitment for a guy his age, even if he had strong feelings for you during those two wonderful months.

Realistically, what can you hope for, given the distance? That's what you need to think about. When you've got a definite plan, you should contact him to talk about your feelings. Do it over the phone -- not through email. You'll have to ask him how he feels -- and if he wants the same things -- if you want to know (and I think you do!).

Personally, I wouldn't give up on this without at least asking the question -- even if the answer might hurt. Just be prepared with some realistic thinking on what you can ask and hope for.

-- uriel