question for married people who don't want sex or intimacy

There have been several threads lately that center around how the lack of intimacy in a marriage ca lead to infidelity. This thread isn't about the validity of that, but rather I'd like to discuss why there is a lack of intimacy in the first place.

If you are a husband or wife who has stopped wanting to be intimate with your spouse ( be it physically intimate or emotionally intimate) what is the reason?

Is it something about them or is it something in your own life?

Did they somehow "let themselves go" in a physical or emotional sense, does it feel like they are never really "there", or is there something in your present or past that has killed your desire for intimacy? Again, I'm not just talking about sex, but any physical or emotional intimacy.

If you were at that place once but things got better between the two of you, what happened to bring about the change?

I would ask that the responses to the question come from the spouse who knows firsthand why they feel the way they do, as they are the ones who will know for sure why they have those feelings If others want to discuss their responses, that's fine.

I suspect that very very few of those who don't want sex come to LS to vent about their marriages. But if they did, then I would love to hear the responses. :)