My boyfriend's past with my cousin

I am really having a hard time right now. I didn't know this could ever happen. I have the best boyfriend ever and we've been together for more than a year now. He's really committed to me. Unfortunately, our relationship started in a bad way. We started off as friends and although I admire him, I never considered that he'll actually fall for me because he is my cousin's boyfriend. They've been together for 6 years, on and off. And I know my cousin very well. She has the tendency to experiment with guys. That is, to have multiple boyfriends at once. Of course, when her boyfriend explained this to me and told me about his woes, I defended her. But somehow along the way, he eventually admitted that he had feelings for me and stupid as I am, believed him and accepted him. Unfortunately again, I cannot forget their past. He keeps assuring me but I keep being insecure. Plus my cousin is also being a bitch about the whole thing and keeps blaming me that it was I who broke them apart. She has almost the majority of our family on her side. What do I do?