I may not find anyone, but that's ok

Well, I went to Amsterdam for two weeks with my roommate and now I am back. We were going to Europe for sightseeing and vacation reasons but I had in the back of my mind that I would go see a prostitute while I was there. I am still a virgin, I don't have any luck with girls and I just graduated college. In my opinion, it felt like it was long overdue. I saw all my friends having luck with girls, being with girls, etc. and I just felt that I was behind.

Well, I went there, went to the red light district with the intention on doing it and I simply couldn't. I broke down on the street and I went back to my hotel room. I then thought about how desperate I had gotten to get to the point where I let this really determine my life. I know the prostitutes were probably clean and all but it really demoralized me to the point where I thought that I believed the only way I would ever experience being with a girl is if I paid for it.

Well, I did some thinking and then I came to the conclusion that I most likely will never find someone. I may not ever have sex, I may not ever have a girlfriend, but it's fine. I'm not 100% alright with it yet but there are just a lot of other things in life luckily that I can think about. Like my job for instance.

So I came back with a new realization and then I just know that some people are meant to be with multiple people, others are meant to be alone.

First of all, if you just graduated college, I seriously doubt you are going to spend the rest of your life alone... I don't know why you don't think you'll meet someone, but anyway, don't beat yourself up about what happened (or didn't happen ;) in Amsterdam - just relax and forget about it and I'm sure it will happen soon to you :)

• Like 1
  • Author
First of all, if you just graduated college, I seriously doubt you are going to spend the rest of your life alone... I don't know why you don't think you'll meet someone, but anyway, don't beat yourself up about what happened (or didn't happen ;) in Amsterdam - just relax and forget about it and I'm sure it will happen soon to you :)

People have been saying that to me for years but it hasn't happened.

I'm just going to assume that it won't, I've pretty much given up hope on a distant possibility now.

Most people have already had an experience with the opposite sex and if not that, they've been flirted with or something.

I've never experienced that in my life at all. Why would it start now.

Your thoughts create your reality, simple as that. Once you put that thought of 'it's never gonna happen' out there, it never will!! The universe reacts to our thoughts and our lives are created around that. Instead of that kind of closed off thinking, tell yourself you WILL meet someone great and until then remain positive, happy and grateful about your life!

• Author
Your thoughts create your reality, simple as that. Once you put that thought of 'it's never gonna happen' out there, it never will!! The universe reacts to our thoughts and our lives are created around that. Instead of that kind of closed off thinking, tell yourself you WILL meet someone great and until then remain positive, happy and grateful about your life!

I was hopeful that it would happen eventually but that didn't really get me anywhere. I do agree your mind can make a good situation bad and visa-versa but my amount of willing or not will not change my situation. I'm over it anyway.