Lost love found me and is sending mixed signals. Help!!!!!

confusedinlove

I need help from someone. My long lost love just got a hold of me after ten years. We were in high school and his father was transfered with the military. I never got over him. About a week ago I received an email from him. We have been talking with each other through AIM everyday since. Through these conversations he has told me that he has paid investigators to find me over the past ten years. He has also called me his Princess (an old nickname) and told me how beautiful I was and still am. Then he tells me that he still loves me. In the next breath, he tells me that he is married and very happy. He says that all he wants is a good friendship. I live in Michigan and he now lives in Texas.

He has also told me that if it was not for him being married he would move here and be with me again. I truly believe that he is happy in his marriage, but I do not know what to make of the mixed signals. He is a very affectionate person and I have never known him to be unfaithful. He would never cheat on his wife or anything. Could someone please tell me what I can do to get his true feelings and the reason he wanted to find me out of him. I do still love him very much and every thing he every gave me I have held onto. I just do not know what to do.

kellydontwanttasleep

just start out being friends and take it from there.

Maybe he just needed to find you for closure.

Sometimes people need to see people from their past, just to say something they've been carrying around with them for years.

Perhaps he never quite got over you either, and wanted to express to you that your past relationship was very significant for him.

If that's the case, now that he's said his piece, it's time to move on.

For both of you.

If he is 'happily' married, then he should not be telling you "Well, I'd be with you if it weren't for my wife..."

That's horribly immature, I'm sorry.

If he is so in love with you, why didn't he try to find you BEFORE he got married?

Boy, I wish I could find the link about how contacting an ex is a HUGE mistake in a relationship...... he's fishing, and you need to tell him that although you shared a wonderful past together you cannot possibly consider a friendship because he is married now, and you both have unresolved feelings for him. You are going to get your heart broken, and very badly. Please, stop all contact and move on.