Upset/jealous at girlfriend's past experiences.

audiojunky

My girlfriend has a past that has been very experimental. She is bi and has been with other girls, done things with her ex bf like 3 somes and more, etc.

At the beginning of our relationship she entertained the idea of us two doing some of the things that I might be curious about. Now she has completely changed her mind and pretty much tells me that if I am interested in doing these things that I can 'have fun' doing them elsewhere.

For some reason I am very upset about this. She periodically will tell me about her past which is filled with these stories and they just make me jealous of her ex, curious to experience with her what she has done, and upset over the fact that she doesn't want to try it with me (by this she was implying that she would do it with someone who wasn't serious with her). She says she doesn't want to screw anything up with me but I can't stand being compared to her ex boyfriend and their experiences. The thought of her saying that she would do it with someone she wasn't serious with makes me sick and mad.

Advice as to how I should respond, or not respond would be appreciated.

StartingAgain

The "experimentation" she did with her ex may have been at his instigation and she may not have been into it as much as he. There's certainly nothing wrong with some bisexual experimentation. Have you stopped to think that her experience may have provided her with an understanding that you don't have? These group sex encounters may be a lot of fun, but they will destroy a relationship. The divorce rate among married swingers, three-wayers and practicing bisexuals is a near perfect 100%. She may care for you so much that she doesn't want to risk damaging her relationship with you by engaging in these "things" you want to do.

I think, however, that she is telling you these things from her past because she believes in complete honesty. But, as you can see, complete honesty is not always the best policy. That isn't to say that you should lie, but there is just some information, such as the details of past sexual encounters, that do not and should not be shared. Ask her to keep these details to herself. You get control of your jealousy and concern yourself only with her relationship with you.