I cut my friend off? Was I wrong?

Im 22 and a seabee in the military. I'm in love with a another seabee her and I got to know each other we hooked up. At the time I didn't want to be in a relationship, a week after I told her this she gets with another guy!! A guy who treats her crappy.

Also, I cut off my friend from home. She's been in my corner for 7 years.I have hurt her a lot, but she's always had my back.I needed encouragement she was there. When I was afraid to take on a business venture last year she told me I could do anything I wanted to and I did it She's a great friend.But she read a poem about this seabee girl i .wrote and posted online and she says, "Let me guess it' your about ex". That infuriated me! It was NOT about my ex. For you to be guessing is just stupid.I told who I write about is not about her or anyone she knows.So I hung up on her and just completely ignored her.

She keeps calling but I'm done with her. She leaves me a vm crying saying" After everything and the times you were not nice to me i was there, now you get mad over this?" I never responded.She text me and called me for two days and i didn't say anything. So she sent me a "goodbye text" saying she always had love for me and will always believe in me i haven't talked to her in a week. Did I make the right decision? I think the other girl is a better catch anyways. I love the other girl. Something missing with my friend, I don't want to be with her.

yes you are wrong. She has stood by you for 7 yrs and makes one misdirected comment that to me was no big deal and you cut her off. sigh.

She said .."and the times you were not nice to me i was there" - Maybe this is for the best for her.