Single ladies...do youcheck out or notice men as much as they notice you??

We all know the eyes on most men are constantly scanning girls all around them....checking out whos hot whos not.

But what about most women? Do women spend that much of their day constantly checking out other men in the vicinity?

The reason I ask....is because my job puts me in retail businesses most every day. I have noticed from what I can tell....that most women seem to be unconcerned with the men around them. I never see them checking out guys, and have never seen them checking out me.

But I think we can all agree that we see other guys checking out women a lot. I see guys checking out women almost anywhere I go. Its pretty blatant.

Ive heard that many women tend to be focused on the task at hand....or "in the moment" more than men. If a woman is shopping, shes focused on shopping, if shes buying groceries shes focused on her list and making selections....but then when she goes out at night with friends...THATS more of the "check out guys" time.

Do women tend to separate their intentions/tasks?

Edited by MrTurk

I always notice men. Work, grocery store, walmart......wherever. Maybe it's just me, but I notice. Not sure that I'm obvious about it, but oh yeah, I notice.

When I was single, I was always scanning the room to see if there were any men.

Unfortunately, there was rarely anything to check out.

• Like 1

I'm always looking and checking out the good lookin' dudes, but I stop looking as soon as I see the ring on their finger.

• Like 1
We all know the eyes on most men are constantly scanning girls all around them....checking out whos hot whos not.

But what about most women? Do women spend that much of their day constantly checking out other men in the vicinity?

The reason I ask....is because my job puts me in retail businesses most every day. I have noticed from what I can tell....that most women seem to be unconcerned with the men around them. I never see them checking out guys, and have never seen them checking out me.

But I think we can all agree that we see other guys checking out women a lot. I see guys checking out women almost anywhere I go. Its pretty blatant.

Ive heard that many women tend to be focused on the task at hand....or "in the moment" more than men. If a woman is shopping, shes focused on shopping, if shes buying groceries shes focused on her list and making selections....but then when she goes out at night with friends...THATS more of the "check out guys" time.

Do women tend to separate their intentions/tasks?

We're just more subtle and don't gawk like men do :laugh:.

I always notice men around me, from when I'm the library to when I'm shopping, and I appreciate a fine man, but I don't make it obvious though. Although I ended up on a date once because there was a fiiiine man on the train whom I was checking out, then he came over to me and said "I see you looking at me, but I've been looking at you too." :o I wanted to tell him he was arrogant and no I wasn't...but I was...it was true, I couldn't deny it lol :laugh:. We actually got off the train together and did dinner.

• Like 1
I always notice men. Work, grocery store, walmart......wherever. Maybe it's just me, but I notice. Not sure that I'm obvious about it, but oh yeah, I notice.

Yup, that exactly.

I'm a married (not dead) woman and I still check out hot men! Just the other day I noticed a male runner with his back to me who was my preferred male build. Tall, lean hard body with a high shoulder to hip ratio. His stance was confident but at rest. Then the light changed and he loped away on long, lean legs. NICE!

• Like 1

I would say I casually look around for men about 70% of the time I'm out and there is almost always nothing to be checking out.

I dont notice men that much when im single or not. He would have to be really hot and have a six pack for me to notice. I really dont notice them much.

• Author
I'm a married (not dead) I noticed a male runner with his back to me who was my preferred male build.

That annoys me when I hear people say that. I have never had a "preferred" anything when looking at women. I like all kinds of sizes and shapes.

How many people actually profile the opposite sex with such rigid and precise traits?

That annoys me when I hear people say that. I have never had a "preferred" anything when looking at women. I like all kinds of sizes and shapes.

That's YOUR reality, not everyone is going to share your perspective. Some people have more discriminating tastes than you do. Get used to it.

Good for you.

How many people actually profile the opposite sex with such rigid and precise traits?
The traits referenced aren't rare.
man_in_the_box

Absolutely. Not ashamed of it.

All the time and now that ive moved to a bigger city it seems as if the hot dudes are in abundance:love: WHere im orginally from was a short balding man convention it was depressing

I don't check out men that often. Last week, though, for some reason, I was - one young guy who offered to help me out, and was looking for something on his phone: I noticed his hands, and forearms.. another guy I normally wouldn't have looked twice at, I noticed his legs.

I've caught men checking me out before, but not often (now). It's usually when I'm wearing jeans and shoes that accentuate the length of my legs, or my chest looks a little higher than usual (new bra, or one with better "support"). Although one guy checked me out, and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it was my large jacket, the only one I own, that occasionally knocks things off the ends of shelves - it didn't that evening, but it had potential.

I notice men everywhere I go but I don't STARE lol. I think most people in general don't openly stare, lol, whether guy or girl.

But I do always notice men, most of whom I find reasonably attractive.

• Like 2

A few days ago at the gym I noticed a guy was staring at me. I mean REALLY staring. It was really odd. Over the course of several minutes it was likely that when I looked up, he was making eye contact with me. It threw me off a bit because it was so out of the norm, I never get stared at!

But I was kind of intrigued and I was gonna work up the courage to approach him and start a conversation. Then just as I was deciding to do it, he walked over to another a girl and started chatting with her.

NOPE. lol.

• Like 2
You scared him away by becoming the pursuer.

-_____-

I hadn't even STARTED pursuing lol, I simply made up the decision in my mind that I was going to. I hadn't moved from the leg curl machine yet haha.

Besides, all advice I've been given on this site suggests that I have to start pursuing. If guys are all gonna be scared off the minute I approach them, then I am completely and totally screwed and oughta just go out and adopt more cats immediately. :lmao:

It seemed to me that his staring was him indicating interest. Perhaps I was wrong? Maybe I looked weird. Maybe my hair was looking crazy and he was just staring out of confusion.

• Like 1
FemmeMystere
A few days ago at the gym I noticed a guy was staring at me. I mean REALLY staring. It was really odd. Over the course of several minutes it was likely that when I looked up, he was making eye contact with me. It threw me off a bit because it was so out of the norm, I never get stared at!

But I was kind of intrigued and I was gonna work up the courage to approach him and start a conversation. Then just as I was deciding to do it, he walked over to another a girl and started chatting with her.

NOPE. lol.

Sounds like he found you attractive but probably assumed you were taken already/out of his league and went for a more attainable target :)

TouchedByViolet

Besides, all advice I've been given on this site suggests that I have to start pursuing. If guys are all gonna be scared off the minute I approach them, then I am completely and totally screwed and oughta just go out and adopt more cats immediately. :lmao:

It seemed to me that his staring was him indicating interest. Perhaps I was wrong? Maybe I looked weird. Maybe my hair was looking crazy and he was just staring out of confusion.

More chance a guy is stunned by your attractiveness than scared off. Just saying, your reality is a mystery.

OP, in my experience women check out other women much more often than checking out guys. Generally speaking, women love to assess other women's bodies, outfits, styles, etc. It's their constant and ever present guilty pleasure.

How would a woman notice a man noticing her if she wasn't presently noticing him? :confused:

if you're in a crowd and you're just looking around (not specifically at anyone), you can still feel someone staring at you from the corner of your eyes, yea?

Women do check out guys - quite often. I've been checked out quite a bit when I've dressed relatively well and been out frequently.

• Like 1