The fact is that good-looking people find love more easily

MomsSpaghetti

I agree that compatible personalities are what ultimately cement a relationship. However, you have a better chance of finding someone with a compatible personality if you're good-looking, because you get around more. I don't sympathize at all with people who are good-looking and complain that they can, with no effort at all, get countless dates and one-night stands with sexually attractive people, but haven't yet found one who seems like long-term relationship material. Yeah, what a terrible problem to have. Wouldn't that be awful to be a tall, handsome (and/or rich) guy who has women swooning over him 24/7, who is just having trouble finding one worth settling down with. 99% of the work of finding a romantic partner is getting them attracted to you in the first place. What really sucks is being a guy and knowing women who are attractive and like hanging around you because of your personality, but won't ever date you because they wouldn't like being seen hitched to you due to you being short or otherwise unattractive.

• Like 1
99% of the work of finding a romantic partner is getting them attracted to you in the first place.

Finding a partner != finding love.

• Like 2
Philosoraptor

I think the main aspect when it comes to easily finding a compatible partner is to cut the games and open up with who you are. That way you will efficently and effectivley both attract the best potential mates and ward off the ones with little potential.

Being attractive may get you more looks, but doesn't guarantee you any sort of compatibility. And one overly focused on looks, and not on who you are as a person, may be more willing to up and run once a better looker appears, or your looks fade.

• Like 3

I see plenty of people who are not very good looking who are married, dating, engaged, holding hands, and appear to be happily in love. In fact, I think most of the people I see on the street aren't all that great looking, yet oddly enough many are wearing wedding rings.

Of course, if you are not very good looking and you are trying to get a model looking girlfriend, yeah, you might have some problems. Maybe you would have better luck if you lowered your standards.

• Like 1

I think I agree with some of this post.

Yes attractive people typically have more options.

But attractiveness doesn't automatically equate to finding a successful relationship partner.

Some of the most attractive, successful guys I know, also had a hell of a time finding a serious partner who was into their personality and not just their looks or success.

• Like 6
miss_jaclynrae

Looks are not everything.

Finding someone to spend your life with is difficult no matter what.

• Like 2
Philosoraptor
I constantly see good looking guys with girls and wonder, "wow, how much did you lower your standards for her?"

Or he got to know her as a complete individual and desired more than just her body.

• Like 6
  • Author
MomsSpaghetti

Finding someone to spend your life with is difficult no matter what.

You want to spend your life with someone who, first of all, is sexually attractive to you. If you're good-looking, finding a sexually attractive partner is no challenge. I know guys who can go to a party and they'll inevitably get the phone numbers of hot girls --- no effort involved. Even if they're trying to avoid girls, they'll have hot girls hand out their numbers. It's not like they have trouble finding dates. When they're not in a relationship, it's truly because they don't feel like being in one at the moment. You're telling me these guys have just as hard a time finding love as do unattractive guys who can't get 1 date with a woman they're sexually attracted to? lol

• Like 1
I know guys who can go to a party and they'll inevitably get the phone numbers of hot girls --- no effort involved. Even if they're trying to avoid girls, they'll have hot girls hand out their numbers. It's not like they have trouble finding dates. When they're not in a relationship, it's truly because they don't feel like being in one at the moment. You're telling me these guys have just as hard a time finding love as do unattractive guys who can't get 1 date with a woman they're sexually attracted to? lol

Getting hot girl's phone numbers at parties is easy, a lot of the time they'll just give them to me without asking. There's alcohol involved and It's a party. These things happen.

The part that counts is I haven't been in a single relationship with those hot girls I've met at parties, as it turns out, myself and hot party girls don't have a lot in common.

Anyone can get dates, it's just a numbers game. The hard part is finding two truly compatible human beings.

You are partially right though, guys who are desired, typically don't feel like being in a relationship if they're single. They run into the same relationship BS everyone else does and need a break sometimes. :laugh:

• Like 1

MomsSpaghetti, you sure focus on this topic a lot.

Yes, good looking people have more opportunities for attracting people. That doesn't mean less attractive people have no shot. You make the most of what you have.

Focusing on the unfairness of the world is just going to make you bitter, and there is nothing less attractive than that.

• Author
MomsSpaghetti
Getting hot girl's phone numbers at parties is easy, a lot of the time they'll just give them to me without asking.

Then you're one of the good-looking guys I was talking about.

I'm stunning, and still single, so I can't imagine how tough it must be for the ugly folk.

:rolleyes:

Finding a compatible mate isn't easy - for anyone.

• Like 3
  • Author
MomsSpaghetti
I'm stunning, and still single

Which means you're either not looking for a relationship or you are but have tightened your standards to the point where you're holding out for Mr. Right.

Which means you're either not looking for a relationship or you are but have tightened your standards to the point where you're holding out for Mr. Right.

Would you suggest I settle for Mr. Wrong??

• Like 3
However, you have a better chance of finding someone with a compatible personality if you're good-looking, because you get around more.

Your theory is debunked. If it were true, only good looking people would be paired up.

miss_jaclynrae

If you are implying that attractive people have an easier time finding relationships with Mr.Wrong...

Then this thread is useless.

Who DOESN'T want mister right. Why do you think we say love is hard to find for anyone?

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Good looking people have more options/opportunity...But at the end of the day, nothing is guaranteed...

You could fish a heavily stocked pond and not catch a thing...

TFY

Good-looking people obviously have more options. Why would it be any other way? I think finding love is hard for most people. There are plenty of attractive people who feel lonely all the time or misunderstood. A good-looking or rich guy will probably wonder if the girl he's dating is only with him because of the way he looks or for his social status. If you're an average looking guy with an average income, at least you can be sure the girl you're dating actually sees the good in you and enjoys your company.

• Like 2
Would you suggest I settle for Mr. Wrong??

What if "Mr. Wrong", with some effort on your part, acceptance, understanding and willingness could actually be "Mr. Right"? I don't think this would be the case for every "Mr. Wrong", but I think people that know there will always be another attractive person after this one and the next one are too ready to just dismiss someone and categorize them as "Mr. Wrong". Personally, I think some girls just want to have sex, but call it dating and an honest attempt at a relationship...then find some minute problem with the guy they want to have sex with, thus labeling him "Mr. Wrong".

Too many and too few options can both be a challenge to finding love.

My grandmother always said "average is best". I think she was onto something.

• Like 2

Op,

You're absolutely right. Being good looking DOES make it easier. I doubt anyone can truly deny that. Just like being naturally athletic will make it easier to go pro.

EVERYONE has qualities that better suit them for certain tasks. You might be better suited to be a CEO of a large corporation, or to be a social worker helping out needy kids and families...or a poker player.

You can't keep focusing on the fact that some people have it easier.

I don't care how good looking someone is...there will always be someone out there better looking than they are. At some point, you just gotta stop and say, "Hey...this is who I am...and I'm happy with that. I am a unique individual with my own set of qualities and somewhere out there is someone who can truly appreciate that and love me for who I am."

And just to let you know where I'm coming from...at no point during my dating life have I ever considered myself one of the "good looking" ones. I always figured I was perfectly average, looks-wise...and maybe even somewhat below average in certain aspects. But, I never let it get me down and I always felt that what I had on the inside was what made me stand out...not what was on my outside.

• Like 7